1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Disputing a non conformance

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Steve Davidson, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Steve Davidson

Steve Davidson Member

Hi Quality Forum Friends,

We have just received a minor NC for Management Review inputs and SI 13 :
    upload_2021-7-29_9-51-39.png

The non conformance (according to the auditor) being that part L was missed off the management review agenda and therefore the effectiveness of the management review is compromised.
    Objective evidence was subsequently provided to the auditor( within the audit days) that the summary results of measurements at specified stages during the design and development stages are in fact always reviewed in the meeting, it was only that the subject wasn`t added to the meeting agenda.
    After several discussions and debates(and would you believe it a threat to escalate it to a major) the audit finished and the NC will be issued.
    For me (as a qualified lead auditor) I see this as an OFI because the requirements of the standard in literal terms have been met, the only item is an omission on the agenda which is rather a clerical mistake.

I would appreciate your thoughts, and after reading this : How to Respond to an Invalid Audit Nonconformity From Your ISO 9001 Registrar - Oxebridge Quality Resources
    which I found helpful, I may even appeal.

Thanks and Regards

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Your position is accurate and you should contact your client service rep - not the auditor - and tell them you will be appealing the finding. Ask them what their process is (they are supposed to publish it upon request.)

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

3. Steve Davidson

Steve Davidson Member

Thanks Andy , very much appreciated I will let you know how things progress.

Kindest Regards

Steve

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You are welcome. Too few clients take the time to make an issue of such ridiculousness. You might wish, while you're at it to explain the above is also unacceptable bullying - yes, bullying - and that you will be reviewing if the auditor will be allowed back in the future. Yes, they are assigned for 3 years, but it's the report of bullying which is important for the CB to receive, formally.

John C. Abnet likes this.
  5. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

As @Andy Nichols stated. The rules for "minor" vs "major" are established. It is either, by rule, a "minor" or a "major", therefore the threat to escalate is indeed a threat and a bullying tactic. Bullying (and downright unprofessional).

Be well.