1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

What is "disposition"

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Ali.M, May 28, 2021.

1. Ali.M

Ali.M Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm currently going through AS9100 Revision D standard Clause 8.7.1. in the efforts to change procedures to conform to the standard.
    Can someone kindly clarifiy what AS9100 means by the use of "disposition"?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Have you referenced the ISO 9000 normative reference? That is applicable to AS 9100D. Rather than ask people for their understanding, it's always best to use the vocabulary document applicable for the accurate definition.

3. Ali.M

Ali.M Member

I dont have the ISO 9000 normative reference. I didn't ask people for their understanding.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I wanted to check first. ISO 9000 shows the various actions which can be taken related to non-conforming outputs, (see page 45) since ISO 9001 no longer uses the term "disposition". Since AS9100D does use the term in reference to the actions described in ISO 9000, it can be seen that it is meaning the (final) actions to deal with non-conforming outputs, such as "scrap", "rework", "repair" and so on.