1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Cracks

Discussion in 'Manufacturing and Related Processes' started by S1D3K1CK, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Coming back to the original question, it looks as though the customer's design should be addressed. The design should have been validated, both before sending it to you and through a part qual. Have you reported these difficulties to the customer and asked for an engineering review?

2. S1D3K1CK

S1D3K1CK Active Member

Yes, I have. They are in the process of reviewing material types and design of that part and parts similar. They gave criteria of what's acceptable for "use-as-is". Our only issue is there were too many scrapped parts involved. I complete a CA/PA form to prevent this from happening in the future (hopefully).

3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I hope this works out. With the exception of the pressure question I rose, my main concerns are material, part configuration and a potential design shortcoming. If it's determined that the design was inadequate, I would hope that you could get some relief from the material and man time used to find that out.

S1D3K1CK likes this.
  4. S1D3K1CK

S1D3K1CK Active Member

Thanks to everyone for the input. I shall repost in this thread what the results were once the issue has been resolved.

Jennifer Kirley and Andy Nichols like this.