1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.
Tags:
  1. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day QFO family;
    As many of you may realize by now, ISO 26262 is gaining prominence (emphasis) within the automotive sector. I am become quite well versed in that regard, and would certainly enjoy being involved in discussions/Q&A, etc...

Feel free to DM me here, or simply state them here on the 16949 forum (If the admin/moderators see fit, they will simply relocate our conversation.)...or....

https://rakumanagementsystems.com/contact

or...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnabnet-rakumanagementsystems/

Be well.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Am I correct in saying that it's NOT a Management System standard, John, but a requirements document for use when designing automotive information systems? If so, perhaps it would be best to give it its own sub-forum?

John C. Abnet likes this.
  3. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

I really would like to see more interest in the topic - more threads and posts. Then we can create a new forum and move the threads there. As it is, we have so many forums with very few posts that I am actually thinking of merging a few together to reduce the number of forums.

John C. Abnet and Andy Nichols like this.
  4. John C. Abnet

Yes @Andy Nichols , you are correct. There are lot of those stating "we certify to" and organizations claiming their customer's need them to be "certified to", but as you state, that is an incorrect term since ISO 26262 is indeed NOT a MSS.

There is a sudden rush for information on this standard, so....we'll see how this discussion topic progresses.

Be well.

5. John C. Abnet

That seems like a reasonable approach @Atul Khandekar . Thanks for considering.

Be well.