1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Updated IATF/ISO Certificates

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by qmr1976, Mar 1, 2021.

1. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Anyone else experiencing a delay in receiving their certificates for IATF/ISO renewal? We had our recertification audit at the end of November last year and submitted our audit response on 1/4/2021. (Wasn't due until 2/4/2021). As of 2/12/2021 it was still in technical review but haven't received an update since. I'm not too concerned about our IATF certificate because they automatically extended that one, due to COVID. However, the ISO one expires the 12th of this month. I've checked their website and they have the same ones I do. I've reached out to them multiple times without any response. I'm guessing things are a little more hectic than usual, but I have customers hollering for us to update their sites with our new certificates and all I can say is 'you'll get them when we get them'. I can't upload what I don't have.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Does your Registrar issue a separate ISO 9001 Certificate? Have you received that? It might indicate whether it's the Registrar's process which is to blame. I know of a few which don't seem to be able to process such things in a reasonable amount of time...

3. qmr1976

Yes, we have two separate certificates. I guess as long as the database is updated, it's not a huge deal but customers really don't feel warm and fuzzy inside unless they have those updated certificates on their site.

4. qmr1976

And no, we have not received our ISO certificate either.....

5. Andy Nichols

I'm thinking it's your Registrar. Some are glacier slow at doing the basics, TBH. A company I know waited 45 days for a simple report. And these are supposed to be in the business of customer satisfaction...

6. qmr1976

Oh wow! Well, I can only guess that the auditor took their own sweet time submitting the report to our registrar, but still...they've had ample time to review it. Maybe they are short-staffed or maybe they are scrutinizing it more, due to it being remote because of the COVID crisis...who knows!

7. Andy Nichols

I think that's very generous of you! I'm going with a lack of "Customer Focus" (ISO cl 5) and "effective processes" (ISO cl 4), maybe even "measurement, analysis and evaluation", etc...;)

qmr1976 likes this.
  8. qmr1976

Good point! :cool:

Andy Nichols likes this.
  9. qmr1976

***UPDATE FROM REGISTRAR*** Apparently when they told me 3 weeks ago that our audit response was in technical review it was not...it's just now being reviewed....4 days from our certificates expiring!!!! :mad: I reached out to our auditor and she said they won't let us expire, but this is really cutting it close, and she is telling me that all registrars are being bombarded by IATF with new rules and restrictions. Is this true?

10. Andy Nichols

It may be true, but that's still an excuse. If an organization has a clue about "customer focus" and they are struggling to meet a performance requirement - such as the turn around time for certificates - then they should be finding out what is causing the issue and take action. As far as I'm aware the IAOB (it's not the IATF) doesn't constantly push new rules etc. My guess is this is an excuse.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    qmr1976 likes this.
  11. qmr1976

You're probably right. I was finally able to get them to extend the certificate out 6 months just so we didn't expire this week because they still aren't finished with the technical review of our audit response. Mind you, there was only one minor finding so it shouldn't take that long. So now we are just waiting for our updated certificates reflecting 3 years out, which means I'll have to upload yet another set of certificates when they became available. SMH :rolleyes:

Andy Nichols likes this.
  12. Andy Nichols

qmr1976 - I feel your pain. I believe, as with many businesses, we all suffer from being the shoemaker's children. Just because a CB is supposed to check for an effectively implemented QMS which satisfies customers, doesn't mean they are going to be anywhere close to actually understanding how that is supposed to work. Sadly, experience shows that neither do the accreditation bodies which audit the auditors!

qmr1976 likes this.