1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001 Implementation

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Nasha, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Nasha

Nasha Member

Hi All,

I am a newbie.

Can anyone assist me regarding implementation of the standard in a Gold exporting business.

1. Have there been any gold exporters that are compliant?
    2. Can anyone give me a sample manual of one if possible?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hello Nasha:

The answers to your questions are "no" (there is no reliable list of which companies are certified) and "no, not if you want a helpful sample of a manual and not simply get a template of a useless one which no-one reads'...(Most manuals are pretty useless, particularly for a gold exporting business like yours which doesn't manufacture anything)

Yours is an unusual business to be using ISO 9001. Can I ask why you are thinking of this?

3. Nasha

Nasha Member

Hi Andy.

Thank you for your response. We would like to be recognized to have our processes accredited so that it gives our customers some confidence.
    We are actually alluvial buyers who export so we think this would be a step to consider.

4. Andy Nichols

To be honest, it's your performance which gives confidence, not a certificate. Experience shows certificates can be meaningless. If they don't require it, I wouldn't waste your money on certification. If you don't have customers auditing you, again, don't waste your money on a piece of paper.

Now, having good performance does come from an effective QMS based on ISO 9001, and copying others' manuals and procedures is more work than necessary. Send me an email address and I will forward some non-editable examples which are NOT the kind of bureaucracies that most people create.

Parag Kumar likes this.
  5. Nasha

Nasha Member

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

Maybe not quite the same situation, but I know of an A&E Department (ED equivalent) in Scotland that was 9001 certified. I always wonder how many patients turned up at the door with a broken arm and checked the expiry date on the certificate before they went in for treatment...
    Mind you, they did have a brilliant process-based system (that we helped them develop...!)

Happy new year!

7. Andy Nichols

Or the scope? :D

pkfraser likes this.