1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Cpk 99.99 on charts & raw data

Discussion in 'SPC - Statistical Process Control' started by SPCgeek, Dec 22, 2020.

1. SPCgeek

SPCgeek New Member

Hi, I have a question:
    What is the reason for Cpk 99.99 on SPC charts? I assumed this happened due to no variation in readings taken. If there is no variation in the readings taken, then Cpk has to be infinity, since the standard deviation is zero.
    Another scenario is, there are difference found in Cpk values from different source of data. When the raw data is extracted for a particular process, the Cpk is showing 99.99. However when refer back to the chart, the chart is displaying a different & sensible value, like 2.50, etc.

I have been searching the answer for days but yet to figure this out. Kindly help. Thanks.

2. Gejmet

Gejmet Member

Hi,

Can you send the data over, impossible for anyone to answer really without looking at what you have.

Thanks

3. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

You would have to post the data for us to analyze.