1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.
  1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The 3rd Party Certification Process (at least in the USA) is broken! Example:

a number of IAF-member accredited ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Certified companies are all currently certified by the same CB.

One has an ISO 9001:2000 based QMS, has "design" in their scope, but no design process, doesn't do design and hasn't even come close to addressing the 2015 requirements such as clause 4, clause 6 etc. Furthermore, the last surveillance audit report show ZERO findings of any grading.

Another has an IATF 16949 Certificate, and the scope is incorrect, the organization has never documented the process of reviewing orders or contracts with customers, (order, change orders etc), hasn't addressed section 4 etc., had never defined a competency or training process or kept records, and countless other major weaknesses. The other companies have similar issues.

There's no way to contact the CB to let them know about these issues. Of course, the client could - but won't - complain, however, unless you pick up a phone to call, there's no way to contact the CB. Plus, I doubt that if anyone called, they'd acknowledge the complaints or keep a record - too damning.

The IAF member AB, has a complaint mechanism and they ask "did you contact the CB?" Ha! Some chance! It's possible to leave a complaint but experience shows they don't respond.

What an indictment on an industry which is supposed to be the very vanguard of Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement! Pathetic.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  2. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Am interested regarding how many folks are surprised by this...

Andy Nichols likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Normally, and after 30 years being in and around the CB process, I wouldn't be. But this is ONE CB. I see various misdemeanors committed by auditors from a number of CBs - those who demand to see the auditor trainers credentials, demand that work instructions are printed in color, etc and so on. But this instance is a wide range of auditors and endemic to this particular IAF-member accredited CB.

4. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

I submit that it is easier to fall far down under a single parachute, than to fall far with many...
    Point being that it is LESS surprising that it's all (mostly) under one CB...not MORE surprising.

Ain't nobody guarding the guards, hasn't been for a while now...thus my historic BG preference.