1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Procedure for EU MDR Clinical Investigation

Discussion in 'EU Medical Device Regulations' started by Kolleen Marie Tener, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Kolleen Marie Tener

Kolleen Marie Tener New Member

Looking for a process flow (map) of how Clinical Investigation, Risk Management, PMS, and Clinical Evaluation meet.

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Ooh... that's a toughie. I put together the attached based on my understanding. There's not full agreement, though, that a PMCF Plan is required (although the MDR seems to calls it out). So take this with a big grain of salt. (And I would welcome ANY feedback on this!!)

It doesn't fully address the risk management part, though. I would say that risk management permeates the whole flow. Your risks should drive the focus of your postmarket activities. Certainly any adverse events or complaints need to feed into your risk assessments and that could drive the need for additional studies. The whole focus on postmarket activities is to ensure ongoing safety (and efficacy).

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.: