1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 45001 and outsourcing the transporation of products

Discussion in 'OHSAS - Occupational Health and Safety' started by sunrize, Jun 23, 2020.

1. sunrize

sunrize Member

Dear

I have a question related to ISO 45001 Clause 8.3

if we are a manufacturing unit, we outsource the transportation and shipping of our products to an external company

in this case are we responsible for the driver and car how they drive? and if they cause an accident to another people while transport our product.

we sign a contract with them, that they should use a qualified driver and follow all traffic

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hello, @sunrize .

While I am not familiar with the details of ISO 45001, I do have experience with ISO 9001/14001 and a company who had multiple external companies tasked to deliver our product to our customers.

We had the following in place:

• Approved Vendor List for carriers/shipping companies
    • Files with copies of the drivers' licenses, insurance, and any other relevant paperwork
    • Process measurement for items such as on-time delivery, quality of product at time of delivery, etc.
    • Contracts outlining our expectations of them

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I can't see how it's possible to be responsible for this. Not legally, let alone ISO 45001.

4. Rustle

Rustle Member

Unless they directly load the product and it shifts during transport which leads to an accident (this actually happened to a client of mine who had a crash because a heavy item inside a crate was not secured) but otherwise not responsible at all except when the delivery firm is on their premises collecting the products.