1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and ISO AS9100 Comparison Matrix

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Mark Liebrand, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Mark Liebrand

Mark Liebrand New Member

Hello -

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of getting my hands on an ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and ISO AS9100 Comparison Matrix.

I would like to compare each standard in an excel spreadsheet to ensure that all topics are covered in our organisation.

I have attached an example of what I have found but doesn't cover the AS 9100 Clauses.

I would like all 3 side by side to be compared.

Thank you.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Mark, is there one out there that does ISO 9001 and AS 9100? I managed to get some hits when I googled that. Would that allow you to quickly whip up what you're looking for?

3. john schmidt

john schmidt New Member

Did anyone ever find a direct comparision chart between ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100?

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

5. john schmidt

john schmidt New Member

Thank you!

John C. Abnet likes this.
  6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

7. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

@Andy Nichols is spot on. I have indeed seen some atrocious / misleading information form some sites. Indeed, always take anything not published by a recognized body with a grain of salt.
    (this is why I stated "best" in quotes).

Be well.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  8. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

For example, there is NO requirement for documenting "plans for achieving them" related to Quality Objectives mentioned in ISO 9001:2015, clause 6.2

Similarly, in 7.1.5.1 the "retained information" (NOT "records") is for the "evidence of fitness for purpose". It doesn't mention "maintenance" or "calibration", partly because neither is actually required.

upload_2020-11-17_14-29-18.png

I also note that, to guide the uninitiated, there's no caveat, for example, stating that the "mandatory" nature is only if the requirement is applicable. So, design records are NOT mandatory, if design isn't within the scope. People who read such things, especially those who are totally new to the ISO requirements, don't always know some fine points like that.