1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Hi Folks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mike S., Apr 20, 2020.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. Member

I'm happy to join your forum. I'll hang out a bit and try to get a feel for how things operate around here so I don't step on any toes.

I must warn you, I am an outcast. I found this forum after being banned with no warning from "that other" forum where I had been a member for about 20 years because the guy who runs it makes lots of political statements and then gets upset when someone posts an opposing viewpoint. Over the years he has called me many names, and I guess he finally just snapped. So one day I just couldn't post any longer and thought I had a computer problem, LOL.

I've worked in a QA/QC/Engineering for a bit over 30 years. From MIL I 45208A to AS9100.

Anyway, so here I am. I'll try to fit in.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hello Mike! Welcome! You'll find some familiar "faces" here...

3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to QFO.

Full disclosure - we do our best to leave political discussion (both the initiation and the rebuttal) out of our conversations.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Mike S.

Mike S. Member

Hi Roxane! And that's fine -- I have no problem leaving out the politics. But when politics is running wild in a thread, with political posts made by a moderator, and then that mod has a cow when an alternative view is proposed, that's what bothers me.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

It's extremely rare to have any of those types of discussions here - it won't be an issue.

Feel free to go through our "back catalog" Mike and bring your expertise to the community.