1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Customer's worker in my organization

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Daniel Padilla T, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Daniel Padilla T

Daniel Padilla T Member

My customer sends his truck driver almost every day (They are installed 5 minutes away from our plant). We have detected in the past that customer property has been damaged due to bad handling by this worker in several occasions, but we didn't do any formal CAR. Recently we received an NCR from our client and this issue is now relevant. So my question is, my corrective action could be something like "your worker is one of the reasons, so train him" or are we only allowed to propose corrective actions we have full control over?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'd go with that. I'd be certain to take lots of photographs of the condition as put on the truck (or picked up by the driver) as evidence you did your bit and that it could ONLY be the driver's problem.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Agree with @Andy Nichols . I would add....tact and relationship. I suggest that this should have been raised in an amicable discussion with your customer long ago (before it became an "issue".) This IS your customer after all.

Hope this helps.
    Be well.

Daniel Padilla T likes this.
  4. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

FWIW, I would set up a meeting with the customer, including the driver, and talk things out before diving into NCR and SCAR paperwork and responses.

Before doing that, however, I would make sure that your allegations are correct...and be 100% sure it is their driver.

Put it on the table with you, the customer and the driver and hash things out.
    The Goal: We want you to have good product. We don't care who's at fault, we want to make sure it stops and we will take responsibility.
    One offer: Please let us use our own driver...here, let me show you pics of the goods as provided to your driver...please let us make sure they show up to your site looking like this.

If the driver is indeed the problem, throw them under the bus.
    If not, and the problem is you..trying to throw them under will bite you pretty hard.
    Tact and Relationship are mandatory...but isolating the root cause is too.

5. Guy Léger

Guy Léger Member

I also agree with @Andy Nichols and @Eric Twiname... and in addition to photos and meeting with the client, I will also ask the customer to send his truck driver with one of his quality controller...

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

"Customer property". Does your organization provide services to your "customer property" (e.g. painting, heat treating, etc.)?

7. Daniel Padilla T

Daniel Padilla T Member

Yes Tony. Hot dip galvanizing.

8. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

You may also need to provide inspection records of the material condition of what you have accepted from your customer. The condition must be the same with the outgoing inspection record (except of course the finished products are already galvanized). Handling defects might occur before acceptance of the supplied materials.

Daniel Padilla T likes this.
  9. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Sounds like pictures are going to help you quite a bit, both coming and going...