1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001:2015 in ride-hailing company such as UBER

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by sunrize, Feb 23, 2020.

1. sunrize

sunrize Member

Dear friend

i got some questions in my head if a ride-hailing company (transportation network company) such UBER welling to implement ISO 9001:2015

is it will be acceptable to define their scope to cover "manage a mobile bases application to matches passengers with vehicles"

and if this was acceptable, they will be responsible about the quality of the services provided by the driver?

or just they will be responsible to connect the two sides and elect drivers with bad evaluation and bad records and how to manage the application?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Sunrise: What's the objective here? To implement a defined quality management system. Surely not certification... Share with us why, please.

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Who are the customers here? What are their needs and expectations? These should be considered in establishing the scope. If you're the customer, would you absolve the ride-hailing company of the responsibility if you experienced a driver that demanded extra charge for the ride?

4. sunrize

sunrize Member

i just, ask these question because i see a real case, the company said we can't control all driver we didn't have a resource and ability for this, so they need to minmize their scope to cover the operation of mobile app

so i am asking, is it will be accepted by the CB

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

That will depend on a) the scope being accurate and b) the calibre of the CB/Auditor.

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Do the drivers went through an accreditation process by your TNC company? Does the TNC company monitor the performance of their accredited drivers? What if the drivers keep on cancelling what has already booked or demand extra charges from the passenger?

TNCs are franchise holders. Holders of privileges entrusted by a government. There are needs and expectations (4.1) from the government that must be fulfilled to obtain/maintain a franchise. Minimizing the scope, I believe, is an attempt to minimize the TNCs' responsibilities. There would be serious risks if a TNC will just focus on arranging the bookings - without ensuring safety and security of the end-users (i.e. passengers).

7. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

In my previous life, our carriers (the truck drivers who delivered our product) were not our drivers. Some came from organizations. Some were independent drivers. The ability to fulfill the customers' requirements (on time, on spec product) was still our's to fulfill, so it was up to us to have a solid system in place to have some control over these drivers. This meant identifying "key competencies" of an acceptable carrier. This meant identifying the records we needed to have on file regarding these carriers. This meant evaluating these carriers (and considering them key vendors within our Business Management System).

We could not, obviously, control everything - weather, issues with their own paperwork if they crossed the border, jail (seriously, this was the very first issue I had to deal with when I started with that company - a late delivery because the driver was in jail) - but we managed what we could, formalized where we needed to, and this was acceptable by auditors, customers, and us.

Katrijn likes this.