1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Building Quality Checklist

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Mayor, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Mayor

Mayor Member

Hello everyone,

I currently work in a real estate firm, and just a few months ago we commissioned 168 Blocks of Flats Estate. Now, with barely a month that occupants moved in, we have begun to receive a series of complaints from the Clients. As a way of addressing these issues, a quality checklist was recommended to be created. The checklist is to be used to inspect buildings/flats that are certified okay before occupants move in.

Can someone help me with any quality checklist template to be used or give a clue on how to create the checklist?

Thank you.

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

It could be something as simple as identifying and standardizing the key/critical quality components that must be inspected (and pass such an inspection) in advance of the occupants moving in. I presume it will require a date and someone's signature and a copy provided to the occupants (they may even need to sign off on it, as well).

For example, when I had my house built, it needed to be inspected by a qualified individual as part of the process for me to obtain proper insurance AND to ensure that the builder had met all of the necessary building codes. A copy of the inspection's results was given to me as evidence of the inspection - from there, I would either go to the builder to address any problems or off to the insurance company to say that my house met all of the required building codes.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

4. Mayor

Mayor Member

Thank you. This is very insightful

5. Mayor

Mayor Member

Okay. Will do. Thank you, Andy.

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Make sure that your checklist includes the specific nature of complaints raised by your clients.

7. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

This could be a good starting point for identifying the key/critical aspects to identify prior to an occupant moving in.