1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Preparing for the ASQ CQE exam

Discussion in 'ASQ, IRCA, IATF, Exemplar & Related Organizations' started by kimi peng, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alex Lopez

Alex Lopez New Member

I would NOT say that one needs months to pass the ASQ CQE exam. I crammed it all in within 3 days and passed. It’s doable.

My approach was that I registered for the exam one month before my testing date, and purchased the Handbook and the Indiana Council Primer. I waited until the last week before studying for the exam. I took 2 days off from work that last week (5 hours of study each day), studied all day Saturday (20 hours straight), and took the exam that Sunday.

I would echo that pacing oneself during the exam is vital, and having a handbook on hand during the exam is also very helpful. Furthermore, being very conversant with the stats and math portions of the exam is critical. I took 4 practice tests and that helped me get a feel for timing, and how to answer questions accurately and efficiently.

My past experience includes a bachelors in engineering from MIT and 7 years of work experience. (Shout out to my family who got me an approved calculator, and plastic tabs for organizing my material!)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Keeper of the Notes

Keeper of the Notes Member

Yashwanth, did you pass the 1st time? How was your test specifically, easy or hard?

3. Satyananda Kumar Ch

Satyananda Kumar Ch New Member

Hello
    I am a new member joined.I would like to prepare for CRE in March 2020.
    The reference books given in file that are Ok. If any body tojoin share with me it is welcome .
    * CRE Primer (Quality Council of Indiana). Pack of exams
    * Certified Reliability Engineer Handbook (ASQ) from Editor Mark Allen Durivage.

4. chandrashekhar1983

chandrashekhar1983 New Member

Hi,did you get the study material,pls share if yes

5. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hello.

Please note that your both of your requests for study materials (one of which has been deleted to avoid duplicate posts) are to:
    1. Very old posts - 2019 and 2017, respectively
    2. To individuals who have posted only once and have not been back here since posting their one posts.

You will likely NOT receive responses from these individuals, however, hopefully some of our more recently active members will read this and offer some guidance.

6. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

The CRE Primer may be found here.
    The Certified Reliability Engineer Handbook made be found through ASQ or at Amazon for half the price.

All are protected by copyrights laws.

Atul Khandekar and Andy Nichols like this.
  7. maiarafeh

maiarafeh New Member

hello everybody
    i have been started a course of cqe for about 2 months then stopped for personal reasons the course was great with a lot of material and online course classes ,but i cant restart study again as i feel lost again in the material and feel afraid to have the asq cqe exam any advise :):)

8. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Have you got access to the ASQ.org website? Do you know if there's a community/group available to support you?

9. RonR Quality Pro

RonR Quality Pro Active Member

I wrote the CQE in 2009 (or sometime around there), and didn't find it too difficult at all. A few key points of advice i will give you which may help:

1) Don't go in with a dozen or more reference texts. Fundamentals of Quality Assurance (Besterfield) and Jurans Handbook were all that I took, and they had all the information that I needed.
    2) Go through your reference texts, and add page tabs for the various sections
    3) Get a good calculator AND USE IT FOR A MONTH OR TWO, so that you are familiar and comfortable with it. If possible, borrow/buy a second one (same make and model). I watched a guy melt down in the exam because his calculator died and he had no backup plan.
    4) Relax........the night before, don't go to bed 3 hours early, you'll only wake up 3 hours early, and be all jittery. Its just a test, treat it like its a work problem, and don't sweat it too much.

Andy Nichols and Miner like this.