1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Understanding ISO 26000:2010 Social Responsibility

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by Pushpender Sharma, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Pushpender Sharma

Pushpender Sharma Member

I have just finished reading this ISO 26000:2010 standard... 86 pages (out of 118 pages)... 2nd time... but still did not get any idea, how to implement it.

Can someone please help me out in this?

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Have you done a www search? There's a number of entries like Wikipedia which explain quite well. May I ask why your interest?

(I notice your attachment shows the word "certification" - ISO 26000 isn't a certification standard, it's purely voluntary)

3. Pushpender Sharma

Pushpender Sharma Member

I know sir, it is a non-certifiable Standard.

I did google it and found so many information but that was too generic. If you read these pieces of information, you will never get an idea of 'how to implement it?', 'What are its requirements?' and 'what one should do to fulfill these requirements?

That's why I asked here... so I talk to some people who may know what to do to implement it.

I work in a consultancy firm and I got an assignment to implement this standard in a Cement Plan in INDIA, so that's why I am in need of help.

And the word 'certification' is by accident because I downloaded this image from google image, so please ignore it.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

[​IMG]

Given this graphic, I'm left wondering why a cement company would be interested in implementing ISO 26000 - does the management team fully comprehend the nature of this guidance and social responsibility?

My guess is that so few organizations have been through this, that there isn't much available in terms of guidance. I did once give a presentation about it - many, many years ago - but as for readable guidance, it may be simply rolling up your sleeves and being the first to write it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Pushpender Sharma likes this.
  5. Pushpender Sharma

Pushpender Sharma Member

The cement company, I am serving is already SA 8000 certified. They export cement to Europe and other countries and according to them, it is mandatory there to comply with ISO 26000 requirement.

6. Andy Nichols

I'd be interested to see how this is "mandated". Is it part of a contractual obligation? An EU regulation? If they are already SA8000 I wonder why that wouldn't be acceptable.

7. Pushpender Sharma

Pushpender Sharma Member

I have talked to them, it is a contractual obligation.

8. Andy Nichols

I'd be taking an exception to that stipulation, in that case. The resources available to assist the implementation are rarer than a hen's teeth... If they really knew what they were putting in the contract, it probably wouldn't be in there...(IMHO)

9. Pushpender Sharma

Pushpender Sharma Member

thanks for your support... I have managed to get some information on where to start from a friend.

Thank you once again.

:)

Andy Nichols likes this.
  10. Andy Nichols

Be sure to come back and share what you learned so that others might benefit. You may be only one of a small handful of experts!