1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

safety valve ...

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by Katrijn, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Katrijn

Katrijn Member

I just need to vent off some pressure here...

Our company (transport and logistics) more than doubled in the last few months.
    We went from 3 locations with about 350 people to 8 sites and a bit over 800 people.
    1 extra site is being constructed at the moment, and two more might happen in the next few months or years. (and maybe other projects that I'm not aware of)

I've been working here in SHEQ for about a 18 months.
    Yesterday I had a meeting with the CEO, environmental consultant and the food and quality consultant that set up the whole certification (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
    And just like in all previous meetings I asked him (backed up by the two consultants) for an organisation chart, his plans for the scope of our certificates, his view on communications and integration of processes, ... and told him people are struggling because it is unclear who does what (we were told some people 'got a new assignment' but never (often not even they themselves!) a clear explanation on what that assignment actually is) and how things should be done. (Ownership of assets? Who covers what insurances? how do we book assignments given by or to the new sites? ...)

There are just so many questions...
    And because he cancelled all structural meetings and workgroups...
    well ... I just have no source of information, except of what I hear from colleagues in the coffee corner.

And I received the full load...
    That it is "up to ISO" to create some structure, and it is non of my concern what our clients expect certification wise. He talks to them and they are only interested in tariffs
    (one of the new sites has its own 9001, but it will expire end of the year and he doesn't want to continue it. As their main client is automotive, I doubt he is correct. But hey, it shouldn't be my concern, right?)​
    And he is sick of meetings and workgroups as no work ever gets done and he is especially sick of consultants
    And there will be no organisation chart because it should be clear, no it IS very clear on how things work. And anyway HR has no time for that.

Think I will be writing my resumé?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes!

He needs to hold up the mirror. I'm guessing he's sick of consultants because they keep pointing out what needs to be done and that he needs to lead the charge, get organized or whatever. I'd be unhappy about unproductive meetings - we all are - but it comes down to the first comment.

3. Quality Guy

Quality Guy Member

That sounds like you are correct in the thought to be brushing up your resume. It doesn't sounds like a company I would want to invest much more time in if I didn't absolutely have to. Good luck!