1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

9001 Lead auditor training

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by MRH_2019, May 14, 2019.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I think (accredited) LA course providers have to be very careful about what it says on a certificate. Yours probably says you "attended a Lead Auditor course and passed an exam", not that you are a " Certified Lead Auditor". You can ONLY become a "Certified Lead Auditor" if you apply to Exemplar Global or IRCA and meet the criteria. If you didn't attend an accredited course, then all bets are off anyways.

2. Andy Nichols

Exemplar Global? IRCA? PECB? Auditor #? Anyone can claim to be a Lead Auditor and I've met a large population who do make that claim. Turns out they simply went to a course. https://www.quality.org/article/lead-auditor

tony s likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

I'm the Queen of Sheba (I'm being facetious)

4. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

This was a manufacturing site of approximately 800 employees, part of a global manufacturing corporation yet operating its own audit program. I was not the audit program manager, but audited to five standards (one of which was TS 16949), occasionally including corporate officer processes on behalf of the QA people working there.

Andy Nichols likes this.