1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

7.2 Competence.

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Graham Thorpe, Mar 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I showed you chapter and verse that the standard didn't change in those areas. You have shown nothing. So "show me the shall."

Or even point me to a power point training which shows those "new" requirements.

RoxaneB likes this.
  2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

We realize that the 3 examples of nonconformances are not the root cause, Yukon. What we are saying is that issuing one nonconformance for a lack of training on the part of the OP is not the most appropriate nonconformance to be written against your examples. You are assuming that it is the OP's lack of training that lead to your 3 examples. You are assuming a lack of training is the root cause and wording your nonconformance in a very leading way.

You do not know why the Quality Objectives are inconsistent with the Quality Policy. You are assuming it's a lack of training on the part of the OP, but for all you know, it could be because top management overruled the OP and created quality objectives that they wanted, regardless of the direction indicated by the OP.

You do not know why Top Management wasn't involved in the setting of Quality Objectives. You are assuming it's a lack of training on the part of the OP, but for all you know, maybe they just don't care, despite the OP's highlighting of the risk and importance of such measurables.

You do not know why identified outsourced processes weren't subject to an internal audit You are assuming it's a lack of training on the part of the OP, but for all you know, there is another process in place to ensure the organization's requirements are met or maybe they lost the records of the audits and just said "Yeah, we didn't do them."

To identify your three examples of nonconformances and cite them all under competence (i.e., the OP lacks it) is making an assumption on your part regarding the root cause.

tony s likes this.
  3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

While I'm happy that your client was pleased, my own experience has been with organizations that focus more on quality of findings versus quantity. We would rather having findings against actual requirements than something the auditor believes is the issue. If this means more valid findings, than one which crosses that line over into root cause (without any evidence pointing us in that direction), so be it. I have been fortunate to work with organizations who are more focused on developing and sustaining a management system that integrates into our business culture, rather than for organizations that twist and turn to please the CB auditors.

It really surprises us that you so casually accept it to be permissible to assume the root cause is training. If that was truly the case for client, you failed to properly articulate how the evidence pointed in that direction.

So glad that they resolved the issues to YOUR satisfaction rather than to the documented requirements.

4. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

You dont get to say things like "MY satisfaction" i simply dont care what YOUR opinion is. The Mgmt was "extremely please" probably because they dont understand the standard. Just like you have done here you probably stood on a pedestal and told the management your opinion to make you happy to your satisfaction.

5. Golfman25

You still haven't showed the "shall." Please show the specifics as to where the requirements changed.

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Maybe from your perspective but from people who have been setting, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving their QMS since the earlier versions of the standard and who are exposed to other management systems standard, the changes are not that significant. Maybe with your previous knowledge of the earlier versions you still need the upgrade training for the 2015 version. But for some people here, self studying and asking people here at QFO, including the Cove, are enough to understand and implement effectively their QMS in accordance with the 2015 version of ISO 9001.

7. Golfman25

Ok, then point me to the applicable clauses. I laid out the language I found, which is essentially identical between versions. Show me what I am missing. I thought you where hear to help.

8. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

If you are not going to answer the question, what value does your discourse bring for our readers?

9. BradM

BradM Moderator Staff Member

OK. I think this thread has ran its course and has begun to drift from the core questions. Closed for the time being.

GStough, tony s, KyleG and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.