1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Ballooning Drawings

Discussion in 'Sampling, Standards and Inspection' started by tabor, Aug 4, 2015.

1. sorinionita

sorinionita New Member

Thank you, Tabor.

2. Pete M

Pete M New Member

Hello All,
    would some one help me with auto circle? I have copied it to location C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps\ENU
    When ever I select it it only does it with number 1. Number never changes on me... what I'm doing wrong? Please help

3. rahul pathade

rahul pathade New Member

Hi thanks for this great help!its working well and i have just one small problem that i need to go to stamp option everytime to obtain next bubble number.
    is there any shortcut key or command to achieve this jst in one click or one button press.it will really be helpful.
    thank you!!!

4. rahul pathade

rahul pathade New Member

Hi again i was just thinking about one more option that if during bubbling if i add particular in-between number in previously bubbled drawing will the next all bubbled numbers be automatically updated in sequence? Is it possible here with autonumbering? kindly help !!!

5. noneuser

noneuser New Member

Tabor , Many thanks for your balloon . It's really help for us.

6. noneuser

noneuser New Member

Hello Massimo, thanks your file, It work with acrobat reader DC , But the background is white , Could you please take it to transparent one? tabor's file is transparent for redcircle and redoval but not work for reader DC . thanks.

7. Massimo

Massimo Member

To enable single-key shortcuts, select the Use Single-Key Accelerators To Access Tools option in General preferences.
    Use K to repeat the last stamp

Source: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/11/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

8. Massimo

Massimo Member

You are right. I never notice that. I will try to improve the stamp changing the image.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  9. Bobokiki

Bobokiki New Member

Just wanted to say thank you for this. I spent over an hour online looking for a way to add circled red stamps online for adobe pdf reader in order to balloon drawings and this forum was my savior. Thank you again.

Andy Nichols and Atul Khandekar like this.
  10. Aw Yoke Yeen

Aw Yoke Yeen New Member

OLD AUTO

var count = event.source.source.info.StampCount
    if(event.source.forReal && (event.source.stampName == "#ZGrWTyYpi8qSmahA8EVNQC"))
    {
    count++;
    event.value = count
    event.source.source.info.StampCount = count;
    }

OLD MANUAL

if(event.source.forReal && (event.source.stampName == "#2L_UYegf-Nhs1iNAMqHe-D"))
    {
    var count = app.response("Enter the desired number.")
    event.value = count
    event.source.source.info.StampCount = count
    }

----------------------
    NEW AUTO

if(event.source.forReal && (event.source.stampName == "#ZGrWTyYpi8qSmahA8EVNQC"))
    {
    if (global.stampCounter == null) {
    global.stampCounter = 1;
    } else global.stampCounter++;
    var count = global.stampCounter
    event.value = count
    }

NEW MANUAL

if(event.source.forReal && (event.source.stampName == "#2L_UYegf-Nhs1iNAMqHe-D"))
    {
    event.value = count
    global.stampCounter = count
    }

Hi , How to add this..? as it does not auto generate the number which I still need to manual keyin

11. noelcjf

noelcjf New Member

how do i change to black circle and number?

12. APC9199

APC9199 New Member

I don't know if this thread is dead or not, but I'm getting extremely frustrated trying to modify a few "simple" things to suit my needs. I am using the stamp titled "AutoRed" as a starting point because it is very close to my needs. I need a red bubble that can include three-digit integers, has an auto-number feature, and can be "reset" to another value. AutoRed does all of those things. A few simple things I want to change are as follows,
    1. I want a transparent background so the bubble doesn't ever occlude the contents of the PDF behind it.
    2. I want the stamps to be named "Bubble - Auto" and "Bubble - Manual" and to be located in a new "Inspection" category instead of "Dynamic".
    The problem is that changing LITERALLY ANYTHING renders the stamp unusable. If I rename it using the 'manage stamps' dialog, the script for that particular stamp just disappears from the editor and I can't add it back. To make things even more fun, the stamp automatically saves as soon as you do this so you have to delete it and restore a new version from a backup to try again. Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong, or how I can simply rename the stamps without ruining them? I can worry about the transparent background once I have the Javascript under control.

13. Ethan

Ethan New Member

First, thank you!

How did you edit the code?
    Do you know if there's a way to keep a stamp selected? I have to select the stamp again each time I make another bubble.

Thank you.

14. Massimo

Massimo Member

How many questions!
    I'll try to answer to everything

I edited the code using Adobe Acrobat. Note that it was impossible using Acrobat Reader.
    I changed job some years ago and in my previus job I had Adobe Acrobat, now I have only Acrobat DC basic (equal to the old Acrobat Reader). Therefore I cannot make any more change to the file.

Regarding how to edit the code, the font, the dimensions, or the image, I think it is well explained here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/create-custom-dynamicstamp.html

@ Aw Yoke Yeen
    You do not need to add the code. I attached the updated file in my old post.
    I wrote the code for information only.

15. Massimo

Massimo Member

Hi guys.
    Eventually I was able to find a version of Acrobat that had the Prepare Form Tool. Therefore I made a new stamp. Here are the characteristics:
    • The file name is Balloon, but you can change it. It is the only thing you can change without problems.
    • The background is transparent
    • The oval and the text is red
    • The font is Helvetica 10 pt
    • It can manage up to 3 digit
    • The Category is Inspection
    • The stamps’ names are “Ballon - Auto” and “Balloon - Manual”.
    • It works on Acrobat Reader (it saves the last Balloon number on a global variable and not on on the metadata of the pdf file)

How to install?

Make sure Acrobat is closed
    Copy Balloon.pdf in: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps\ENU”
    Note that in addition to the ENU folder there may be others for other languages. Copy the file in the folder of the language that you are using.
    Open the file you want to bubble
    Choose the Stamp Tool
    Inside the Inspection category you’ll find the two stamps Auto and Manual
    Click on the drawing where you want your bubble
    For the Manual, a dialog box will pop up; put the number you want in the circle and click Ok
    For the Auto, just use it. It start its count from the last stamp used (Manual or Auto doesn’t matter)

To enable single-key shortcuts, select the Use Single-Key Accelerators To Access Tools option in General preferences (Ctrl+K)
    Use K to repeat the last stamp

NOTES
    Here is the new java code. The only differences are the stamp names. Because every time you create a new stamp, it has his unique name (for example "#gfz3xrpWL4Fa777c2BRALA") and it affects the code.

BALLOON - AUTO

if(event.source.forReal && (event.source.stampName == "#gfz3xrpWL4Fa777c2BRALA"))
    {
    if (global.stampCounter == null) {
    global.stampCounter = 1;
    } else global.stampCounter++;
    var count = global.stampCounter
    event.value = count
    }

BALLOON - MANUAL

if(event.source.forReal && (event.source.stampName == "#4GcLa7TyX3QVMwbtthKATD"))
    {
    event.value = count
    global.stampCounter = count
    }

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

Vicky likes this.
  16. Massimo

Massimo Member

Here a squared version.

All the characteristics are the same, but with an important feature. You can use the standard Acrobat Comments (Helvetica, 10 pt, red edge, transparent background) and the aspect is the same of this stamp. I find it useful when I have to mark the same dimension several times (for example 16 x ø6). In this case I use a comment [1 - 16] and for the next dimensions the stamp. Take a look to the example.pdf

Enjoy

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

Jesus Lopez and Vicky like this.
  17. gkoszykowski

gkoszykowski New Member

Great job. Works as expected

18. gkoszykowski

gkoszykowski New Member

As a great improvement add a parametrized size of a stamp would be great. This one is a little bit too big for me so I need to rescale each.

19. Vincent Mah

Vincent Mah New Member

It is working as intended. I want to say a million thanks for taking time and effort to share this ballon add in with the world. Thank you, Massimo!

Andy Nichols likes this.
  20. 81720ch

81720ch New Member

Is there anyway we can get a circle version? Also, I noticed that compared to OP's bubbles, the ones you made aren't as bold and was wondering if there was a way in solving that