1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RyanMVP, Nov 6, 2018.

1. RyanMVP

RyanMVP New Member

We are looking for a software package (database) , either web based or local, that can log quality incidents (NC) as well as RCA and CAPA reports and activities. With this software we can then generate the necessary reports needed to track our continual improvement efforts as well as point out our largest NC areas/processes/products. We are currently using a web based software package, but have found that it is not customizable to the level we would like. I have heard that many companies hire professionals to develop custom database packages for them using software like FileMaker or MS Access. I would like to know, what are other companies using to track their quality (NCR,RCA,CAPA) and is there a software package that already exist that is open source or fully customizable that can accomplish this or should we hire a 3rd party to build a database package for us? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Pretty much any off-the-shelf solution will need tailoring to suit your particular needs so you probably won't find any silver bullets out there. Most of the tools I've seen are electronic document management systems (EDMS) that have things like CAPA, NCR, etc. modules. These include Verse, QCBD, QT9 and others. Each has been fairly straight-forward to use / tailor. I don't know of any open source packages.

An alternate approach would to be to use a generic tool like JIRA and build the system around their engine. Certainly much more to do in terms of tailoring but the flexibility is nice.

With any of these, expect to have to invest in some ongoing overhead (maintenance, support, etc.). The more you tailor, the more the overhead.