1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Are you a Despotic or Synergistic Manager??

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by Ardaqr, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Ardaqr

Ardaqr Member

A question for all quality related people.

What is your attitude as a quality manager/engineer ?. Are you a despotic manager or much more friendly to create syngery ? Which one is better ? How people will give the importance to quality issues ?

2. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

I would describe my style as diplomatic and tutorial.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

So...we're trying to answer Machiavelli's question from "The Prince" - Is it better to be feared or loved?

I'm just going to drop the use of the word "manager". I prefer "leader". Manager implies authoritarian and controlling. Leader implies someone who leads by example. This is an individual who mentors, develops, encourages. They understand that there is a time for open discussion...and a time to say "This is the direction we're going in."

This is situational leadership.

Unfortunately, Ardaqr, your question implies that there are only two styles to choose from. It is not that simple.

But to answer your last question regarding how to give the importance of quality issues. Easy...Leadership Commitment. Your top leadership needs to demonstrate that they are committed to quality. If they don't care, why should anyone else?

Ardaqr, Candi1024 and Atul Khandekar like this.
  4. Lee Christian

Lee Christian New Member

I lead by example, encourage my team members to learn new skills and most importantly, I explain how a decision was reached and why.