1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

8.5.6.1 control of changes

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by noorsu, May 22, 2018.

1. noorsu

noorsu New Member

hi all,
    i am newbie in automotive industry.
    may i know, under this clause iatf 8.5.6.1, is it only applicable for changes to part design, manufacturing location and manufacturing process?
    how about if there is change to machine parameter or added new control item such as parameter spec?
    are these fall under this clause?

2. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Active Member

I think the answer is yes. In the paragraph that starts with the word "Changes" it says: (such as changes to part design, manufacturing location, or manufacturing process).

A new control item is definitely a manufacturing process change. Machine parameters are usually manufacturing process changes also.

These both also require a new PPAP.

3. Jayaprakash

Jayaprakash New Member

Change in machine parameters, Its doesn't matter whether it affect product quality. we may have to update the control plan and communicate to customer. However if we got the waiver from our customer not to notify them when there is no change in product quality. Then we can ignore.

Better to clarify while conducting contract review with customer or through CSR review.

4. judegu

judegu Well-Known Member

Hi sir.
    Out of curiosity, I just wonder in the case that we don't have the waiver from the customer and also the customer hasn't specifically requested the notification when parameter changes, when we want to change one parameter in the machine, Is it necessary to notify the customer before the implementation of the change? And what is more, control plan is a document which would not necessarily include all the parameters within, right? And normally a waiver from customer is quite rare, right?
    PS: I work at a big corporation, a little hard for me to see the whole picture. If I said something inappropriate, please forgive me. THX.

5. Elena_Newbie

Elena_Newbie Member

As per our practice and documented procedure, the machine parameter should be reflected in the Control Plan under the Process Characteristics.
    I agree with Jayaprakash, you need to to clarify it with your customer for any specific requirement.

6. judegu

judegu Well-Known Member

The question is that there are tons of machine parameters in my case. Normally in the control plan, we just make a reference to the other documents which state the machine parameters in details or don`t mention them at all. And there is only a handful of the machine parameters which will be shown in the cp. A little awkward to say so. However it is my case. Maybe because the factory I am working at is just merely manufacturing center, thus the marketing and entering into a contract with the customers stuff is out of our reach which HQ will handle it. Or the automotive related products we make are far away from the car factory.