1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Real Registrar?

Discussion in 'ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 – Medical Devices QMS' started by Lindy, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Lindy

Lindy Member

A supplier provided their ISO certifications as requested when approving a new supplier, however the registrar for their ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2012 certification is QMD. I have never heard of this registrar before and haven't been able to find any information on them from searches done online. The address on the bottom of the certification for the registrar is 26 Marcot Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B92 7PR. A Google search brought up a 3 bedroom home for that location.

Has anyone heard of the registrar QMD?

2. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

I didn't find much, I did run across this - " As QMD are not registered with UKAS, if you require UKAS Accredited Certification, we are happy to work with any supplier, but we recommend IMS..." downloading the "fact sheet" leads off with this "...Independent Certification Versus Accredited Certification...", so I presume the ISO system is "certified" but not "accredited"? An interesting one to be sure.

Lindy likes this.
  3. Lindy

Lindy Member

Thank you for looking into this. I was a bit confused and find it odd that companies can certify others to ISO standards without being accredited themselves. I'm treating this supplier as a company that does not hold an ISO certification, and will keep an eye out for any other company who provides an ISO certification from QMD. It's odd that I can't find a website or any kind of information on QMD.

4. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

It's ambiguous at best. Unless, they carry UKAS (in the UK) accreditation, they don't meet the norms of the services. If they aren't shown to be accredited by an IAF accreditation body (UKAS, RvC, ANAB or similar, probably best to avoid.