1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Salty Fog Test

Discussion in 'Sampling, Standards and Inspection' started by Ardaqr, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ardaqr

Ardaqr Member

Hi all,

I did a salty fog test and the material didn't have corrosion problem but there were corrosion on the welded spots. I checked the ISO 9227 standard but couldnt find a clear sentence about it. Is it right way to evaluate a sample's welded and non-welded areas with the same criterias ? Is there any rule or standard that defines that ?

2. steve gill

steve gill Member

Hi, can you tell me a little bit more about what you were testing? was it base steel or?.. I think what you should ask yourself is this? is the part going to be used in the exact way it was tested? then you will have the answer if you should assess the welded / non welded in the same area, because you know that the welded with corrode quicker.

3. Ardaqr

Ardaqr Member

Hi Steve

We're testing carbon steel part which has powder coat on it. We will use it exact way it was tested.