1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Best QMS Software (if any)

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Lawrence84, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Lawrence84

Lawrence84 Member

Hi,

We are a small company with approx 50 people and have just started the ISO 9001:2015 certification process (GAP due in April)

I am looking for a QMS software that is low cost, easy to use and effective.

I understand that a QMS system will not get us ISO, but we require a system where we can manage and monitor all of the ISO aspects throughout the company.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

I sat through a demo and discussed BSI's offering which looked good, but they wanted £6,500 to use it for 1 year (I managed to get them down to £4,500, but this is still way to much money to pay)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lawrence

2. David Sheaffe

David Sheaffe Member

I can't help with any recommendations - as we use Office (Outlook, Excel and SharePoint primarily) for 'managing/monitoring' different aspects of our QMS, but the first question that you need to consider is what aspects of the QMS do you want to manage (eg, Corrective Actions, Management Review, Internal Audits, management/review/approval of policies/procedures, etc). There are software packages that will do all of these and there are others that might just manage one or two.

Personally, for a company of 50 I wouldn't go for a software package(s), I would make use of whatever existing word processing, spreadsheet, calendar, document management software you have. eg:
    • Corrective Action - Excel (there are lots of free examples on the web that you could use or modify slightly)
    • Management Review - Word (minutes & agenda) and Outlook for Scheduling
    • Internal Audits - Outlook or Excel for planning
    • Policies/Procedures - SharePoint or a basic wiki.
    Jut my 2 cents. Good luck,
    David

3. David Bradley

David Bradley Active Member

First of all, I am in no way connected with this software other than the developer is one of my clients. He created this software because he could not find anything commercially he liked. The software is called Quality Link and although I could post a link, it might be better if you just did a simple search. I have no real idea of costs and have not reviewed the software for several years.

4. CUNIX

CUNIX New Member

one is software Qualityze EQMS Suite may be this is a very useful software... thanks

5. Lawrence84

Lawrence84 Member

Hi David,

I really appreciate you coming back to me with your thoughts of QMS software.

I have decided to go ahead with the sharepoint option as document control and access is one of my main aims.

I have requested out IT support company to look into creating a suitable sharepoint as my first attempt wasn't to good lol.

Do you know of any good sharepoint videos/examples I could send to the IT company, this should give them a good understanding of what I am wanting.

Thanks Lawrence

6. Lawrence84

Lawrence84 Member

Hi David,

Thank you for your help, I will take a look at the software you mentioned.

Thanks Lawrence

7. Lawrence84

Lawrence84 Member

Thank you for replying to my post.

Regards Lawrence.

8. David Sheaffe

David Sheaffe Member

Hi Lawrence,

Sorry, I can't help with any videos/examples. But if your main aims is document control. Then I might suggest that all you might need as a starting point is a document library and add custom columns for storing information about the documents (eg, document type, department, etc) so that you can sort/group like documents together in the library. Apply permissions to the library so that only specific users can edit the documents, and also configure the library for versioning (eg, so that you can track different versions of the documents and identify when changes were made).

All of the above is standard SharePoint functionality - and one of the advantages with document libraries is that they are easy to create and modify (and delete if you don't like the end result and start again)

9. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Hi Lawrence, May be a little late to the party...

We use Greenlight Quality Control by Muddy Boots Software, small operation with 40 members of staff. They have been around a little while now. May be worth a look?

Thanks,
    TJ

Andy Nichols likes this.
  10. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Are you affiliated to Muddy Boots?

11. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Hi Andy,

I'm not affiliated with Muddy boots, just have a good working relationship. I should have been more clear in my reply, I have a small operation with 40 members of staff with roughly 15 of those using the quality platform daily.

TJ

Andy Nichols likes this.
  12. vjzap

vjzap New Member

We use Qualitize QMS software.

13. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Are you affiliated with them?