1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

PFMEA AND PQCs

Discussion in 'FMEA - Failure Modes and Effects Analysis' started by nitros1, Jan 30, 2018.

1. nitros1

nitros1 New Member

Hi greetings!!

I work in the automotive industry, my story for you guys is...

We mold plastic injected parts, which go into an assembly process, our clients requieres or states, in the assembly drawing PQC, which for him I understand are product quality characteristics.

Now, I know that being in the drawing, I must put them in the PFMEA, but given that they are all points in the surface of a plastic components in the form of x= y= z = and given that the assembly line has no way of measuring this points, my thoughts are that maybe a check in a GDT can be used.

My questions are:

If the manufacturing ( assembly line) process does not mess with those pqcs, should they still be considered in the Assembly process PFMEA?? How can I be sure?

Should they be considered, should they be considered only in the molding process requirements of the PFMEA since they are all points in the surface?

Since it is the assembly drawing that is requesting us this PQCS, is it correct if I consider them in the molding process part of the PFMEA??

I hope you can help thank you.

2. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Active Member

Hello,

If the manufacturing ( assembly line) process does not mess with those pqcs, should they still be considered in the Assembly process PFMEA?? How can I be sure?
    I think because they are on the assembly drawings they must be checked after assembly. Component interaction may be a problem. At my last company, we had assembly fixtures built to set the assembly configuration and orientations. (lots of error-proofing) Then we did the GDT layouts of X number of assemblies to validate the fixtures are correct.

Should they be considered, should they be considered only in the molding process requirements of the PFMEA since they are all points in the surface?
    Ideally, as close to molding as possible. You will learn what dimension on components affect what assembly features.

Since it is the assembly drawing that is requesting us this PQCS, is it correct if I consider them in the molding process part of the PFMEA??
    Yes, you may want tighter controls on certain features which may affect assembly, especially in mating areas.

Good Luck!

Atul Khandekar likes this.