1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

9.2.2.3 Manufacturing process audit

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Victoria D, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Victoria D

Victoria D Member

Trying to determine how far to drill down for a manufacturing process audit when creating an internal audit schedule. For example, we have two different lines that both fall under "assembly", but those lines produce different products.
    1. Do we need to conduct a manufacturing process audit for each assembly line even though they both fall under the assembly process?
    2. The assemblies may be assembled via installation of fasteners, resistance welding, or robotic welding, etc.
      1. Does each method (fastener, welding, etc) of assembly need to be listed as its own process from a manufacturing process audit standpoint or am I overthinking this?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes, and to set a priority, which one produces most problems? That's the one to go after, first.

Victoria D and normzone like this.
  3. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, [Victoria D]. Nice avatar ....

Victoria D likes this.
  4. Victoria D

Victoria D Member

Thanks for the responses!

Being new to IATF I could really use some clarification between Manufacturing Process Audits & Product Audits. Is my understanding correct?

Manufacturing process audits: control plan audit will suffice

Product audit: ensuring customer specifications are met anywhere
    throughout the process - first piece inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection,
    labeling, packaging, etc

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. Serious Man

Serious Man Active Member

I think that before reconsidering programm of manufacturing process internal audits, your company should think once more about how do you establish manufacturing process.
    Processes with different requirements, different control methods, different failure occurrence and severity should not be put under one umbrella of "assembling".
    I mean here PFMEA and its impact on control plan development and manufacturing process itself.

Victoria D likes this.