1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

5.1.1.3 and 5.3 Organizational Roles and Responsibilities and Process Owners

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by MCW8888, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I am doing an IATF 16949 gap analysis using the AIAG tool and the Quality Manual and also the standards. In the manual the process owners are defined in the roles and responsibilities. Will I have a problem during an external audit if there is no separate paragraph to describe process owners? Thanks.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Good question! What were you thinking would be in the "separate paragraph"?

3. MCW8888

Do I have to have a section titled Process Owners. I did not changed this section of the manual. But the standard had a separate requirement for process owners. Our SOP's also describe roles and responsibilities. Thanks.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a matrix added to the manual which relates the specific clause, to where else you covered process ownership would be fine...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    MCW8888 likes this.
  5. MCW8888

I just did a RACI matrix.

6. rajesh

rajesh New Member

what is RACI matrix. please share it

7. MCW8888

The RACI Matrix is a powerful tool to assist in the identification of roles and assigning of cross-functional responsibilities to a project deliverable or activity
    RACI represents: R - Responsible, A - Accountable, C - Consulted, and I - Informed
    RACI Definitions:
    Responsible
    = The person who executes the work and makes sure the task objective is achieved. There is only one person assigned as the Responsible role, although others can be delegated to assist.
    Accountable = The person who is answerable for the correct and thorough completion of the deliverable or task, oversees and approves the Responsible tasks and deliverables. There must be only one Accountable party specified for each task or deliverable
    Consulted = The person(s) whose opinions are sought, typically subject matter experts; and with whom there is two-way communication
    Informed = Those who are kept up-to-date on progress, often only on completion of the task or deliverable; and with whom there is just one-way communication

I might have seen a simple matrix in this forum. We have a complex one for the R&D division, It's a confidential document with names written on it. Hope this helps a bit.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  8. charanjit singh

charanjit singh Member

For a number of years, I have used Matrix of Responsibility for various processes, using the following abbreviations:

P = Primary Responsibility of...
    S = Secondary Responsibility or Support to be provided by...
    I = Information to be given to...
    C = Coordination by (this was rarely used)

No CB auditor ever commented on this.

9. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Active Member

Here's our APQP RASIC as an example.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

MCW8888 likes this.