1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

PPAP test material_ polymers raw material

Discussion in 'APQP and PPAP' started by Justyna, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Justyna

Justyna Member

Hello,
    As in title I have a question about material tests for PPAP. Maybe it will be obvious but please give me some answer because I'm stack with this :( I recieved test results form accredited laboratory and I prepared my report for customer but I dont relly know with what i should compare this results. for example result =5 and I am really happy for it... but is it OK or NOK? I should compare it with supplier statement or maybe (customer have GM requirements) customer have his own tolerance and if yes where can I find it? I looked at many places but still don't have clear answer.
    I am talking about plastics parts.

2. _Zeno_

_Zeno_ Member

Have they quoted a specification that they are certifying to? What does your print say? If you don't know the specs, how do you accept material at receiving?

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I assume you are talking about the specification for the raw plastic. If so, you need to compare to the published specification available from the material producer. Not sure of the value added, but Good luck.

4. Justyna

Justyna Member

Yes I am talking about raw material - polymers. On the report from lab I have just results, no specification, they quoted only method of analysis, test conditions ect. I have the basic certificates but material test for PPAP include for example VOC,SVOC emission which are not contained in basic certificates.

5. ASHISH SOMADDAR

ASHISH SOMADDAR New Member

If you go through the detail specification of raw material you will find the specified detail.

6. charanjit singh

charanjit singh Member

Justyna, If your customer requires that this raw material must comply with a certain specification, you must compare the lab results against that specification. If the customer has not called for it, the material must meet the specifications given for it in your/customer drawing of the component.

You have also mentioned, for example 'VOC, SVOC emission' etc. are not contained in the test certificate you received. In which document are these requirements specified?

7. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Active Member

I recommend you have your resin supplier put the min and max on their cert or report, wherever they are specifying a value. We always receive our resin certs in this format.

8. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

If you are checking the chemical break down, I'd compare with what IMDS says that material is supposes to consist of. Are you doing IMDS submissions?

9. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

Also, your customer defines what is conforming and what is nonconforming. So ask them for tolerances, if they have any.