1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001:2XXX Digital Travel Possible For Clean Room?

Discussion in 'Documentation Control, Procedures, Templates,...' started by Era Hartman, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Era Hartman

Era Hartman New Member

Hi all,

Has anyone ever discovered a way to use a computer or a tablet instead of a paper production traveler. Clean room paper is expensive. Can one use a digital traveler in any sort and still follow the ISO9001 standard?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty certain someone has. It wouldn't be a problem and still comply with ISO 9001. In fact it actually states as much in that a note mentions documents can be in any medium.

3. Era Hartman

Era Hartman New Member

Okay good to know. All of the parts have information that where one can go to the computer and pull up the traveler information. It sounds like this may not be an issue then I'll look in to the standard a little better.

We are still a year or so out before we apply to become certified. I am sure that when we go through the process they will let us know if or how to do it.

4. Era Hartman

Era Hartman New Member

Thanks Sir for your input.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You are welcome! BTW - is this a large/huge organization? Why are you a year from getting certified? Also, you shouldn't be waiting for an external auditor to tell you what to do? They can't offer advice - it's a conflict - and an ISO 9001 Registrar auditor is in no place to determine such things anyway. Better to find some support before the event.

6. Era Hartman

Era Hartman New Member

Yeah I full agree and this is our goal. Beyond having multiple ideologies on what the quality system will look like because we are an international company and we are moving into a new building, it is also complicated beyond that.

I have some quality experience from previous jobs but we are in the process of hiring someone to manage the quality system. We are waiting for him to come in and take over, all of the while we are trying to be proactive like creating standard work, work instructions, ECO processes, etc. Most are stretched thin in our jobs so we do what we can.

Thanks again!