1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Document revision for ISO9001:2015 preparation

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Jacky_T, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Jacky_T

Jacky_T Member

Hello to everyone!

I am in preparation of the ISO 9001:2015 conversion and have several questions:

1. In my company, the Managing Director has delegated the authority to QA director to be responsible for all the QA matters as well as sign all the QA documents. I have doubt that the Quality can be signed by QA director or should be signed by Managing Director?

2. Actually I am just picking up this QA duty for short time and now just start the conversion preparation. Now I am preparing to review and revise the current manual and procedures documents. All the documents will at least have the Font change ( to cope with the request of our headquarter’s guidelines.) My question is those document without content change and have font change should have version up to indicate the difference. Am I understanding correct?
    Sorry for so many questions as I am newbie in ISO9001. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.:)

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Not clear what you're asking here...

For those documents which simply change font, it would be a bureaucracy to go through the change approval process. I'd advise against that.

3. Jacky_T

Jacky_T Member

4. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

It sounds like the management wants to steer clear of any quality responsibility, which could certainly be an issue in the 2015 version, since the new version has focused more intensely on the role of the management in the quality scope. Much depends on other 'handoffs' as well, but we cannot see that from your statements. As an auditor, I would be following this closely since it may appear to me that management is not taking a leadership role and may be delegating all responsibility for the quality system to others without sufficient authority.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The Managing Director is not signing the Quality Policy? Why not?

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

There is no statement in the standard that categorically requires the Top Management to sign the Quality Policy. But your Managing Director should consider the following statements in ISO 9001 and ISO 9000:
    • Top management shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by... ensuring that the quality policy and quality objectives are established for the quality management system (ISO 9001 clause 5.1.1b);
    • Top management shall establish, implement and maintain a quality policy (ISO 9001 clause 5.2.1);
    • Quality Policy - policy related to quality (ISO 9000 section 3.5.9);
    • Policy - intentions and direction of an organization as formally expressed by its top management (ISO 9000 section 3.5.8)

etorresg likes this.
  7. Randy A. Kaczynski

Randy A. Kaczynski Member

The one thing that top management cannot delegate is their accountability for the effectiveness of the QMS.