1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Books on ISO on 9001 : 2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Rajan Gupta, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Rajan Gupta

Rajan Gupta Member

I want to know about managing ISO document and implementation.
    Do any one have the sofycopy of the books.
    I want to understand all QMS aspect , the approcah and mechanism related to manufacturing industries.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

ISO standards are copyrighted and no-one here will post copies. You should buy them from your local (Indian?) standards authority. Please feel free to ask questions about implementation once you have obtained them and read them.

3. Rajan Gupta

Rajan Gupta Member

I have bought the stanadrad but i dont understand from where to start start and what needs to be considered

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest you find a course on ISO 9001 and implementation. There's far too many things to consider to get really useful descriptions here, other than very general guidance, like:

• Deciding with top management why you're doing this
    • Doing a Gap Analysis of your current operations
    • Defining your context, scope, policy, objectives and so on
    • Documenting your processes/controls etc. plus measurements of products and processes
    • Defining your peoples' competencies
    • Doing internal audits and management reviews
    • Taking corrective actions, making improvements

5. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Rajan, the standard is written to be generic so that it can be applied to the majority of industries and services. Simply reading the standard will not tell you HOW to apply the requirements within your organization...the requirements of the standard provide merely the WHAT to do without giving all of the details as this will vary between organizations.

As Andy has indicated, training will help you. It will provide you with context and allow you to share (and hear!) the stories from organizations around you.

There is no 'quick and easy' path towards ISO registration...not if you want to actually add value to your organization and your stakeholders and be more than merely a piece of paper hanging up on the wall in your lobby.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. Rajan Gupta

Rajan Gupta Member

Thank you Andy and Roxane for the valuable inputs...