1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Continuous Quality Improvement Plan (CQIP) Question

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by MP480, Feb 14, 2017.

1. MP480

MP480 Member

Hello All,

Back at it again with another question for you guys ---

We have a CQIP spreadsheet that we have been using but I was wondering if anyone was using a certain format. I'm looking to enhance it a little from last year.

Does anyone have an example of a format they are using or know of?

Thanks always,

MP480

tony s likes this.
  2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

I don't know what your plan looks like, but simple is good.

What's wrong with a 5W1H or 5W2H format?

• What
    • Who
    • Why
    • Where
    • When
    • How
    • How much

normzone and Jennifer Kirley like this.
  3. MP480

MP480 Member

Thank you RoxaneB!

4. RoxaneB

You're welcome. :)

Something else to keep in mind is how are you ascertaining if there was actual improvement and has it been sustained?

Linking a metric to the plan and including a graph or table of the results (colour-coded to a target) can also support if the actions are:
    • Appropriate to the goal/objective
    • Effective
    • Suitably resourced
    • etc.

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Hi MP480. I'd like to ask if you can provide a sample. Thanks in advance.

6. MP480

MP480 Member

Thanks again RoxaneB.

Hi tony s, here is an example of a format we are using. Our CQIP is mostly used for projects that will improve the business

upload_2017-2-22_9-11-19.png

tony s and normzone like this.
  7. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

We have a Continuous Improvement log which we review during Management review. Employees are encourage to come up with opportunities for improvement and the CI council selects the ones that can impact the company's bottom line. The status of the Continuous improvement log is validated during management review.

MP480 likes this.
  8. RoxaneB

Thanks for sharing your CQIP template, MP480. One aspect that jumps out at me is that it's heavy on the checklist approach, but doesn't appear to indicate if the project/action is achieving (or working towards) that goal indicated in the 4th column. The Q1 plan/complete % could - at first glance to an outside such as myself - look more like reporting that people did what they were supposed to do, but didn't consider the effects or results of their actions. If quarterly is the preferred review frequency, perhaps including columns for Metrics - Target/Actual. After all, what if all the actions in Q1-Q4 are complete, but the target isn't achieved? Having a trigger to look at the impact of actions can spark some interesting conversations and awareness.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  9. MP480

MP480 Member

Thanks for your input MCW8888! We do review this during our Management Review as well.

Not a problem, RoxaneB. Maybe someone else will find it or parts of it as beneficial. Unfortunately, it is very much heavy on the checklist approach, as you noticed. Maybe the columns for metrics could be comment based on 'Impacts' -- negative and positive. Thanks for bringing this up, you have a very good point. Not sure if I'll be able to convince my team of this. It may also be cumbersome for me considering I am the one who updates this entire document. I have a hard time receiving any additional input unless I nag; I don't enjoy doing that.