1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Control plan

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Lahbib ALAOUA, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Lahbib ALAOUA

Lahbib ALAOUA Member

Hello every body,

In my control plan, i put to identify all the documents i use in my factory they really names like " Control range for the product x" But my costmer asked me to change by their codes like " A_001", and i want to know if i have to do it or not, please if you have a response reply to me i really need it

Best regards.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

If the customer asks you to do something, you have to decide if you want to satisfy them or not. There's nothing in IATF 16949 specifically about this question/topic.

Bev D likes this.
  3. Lahbib ALAOUA

Lahbib ALAOUA Member

The problem is just i have a lot of control plans and if i accept i will be obliged to do it for the other ones

4. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I agree with Andy. You have to review the customer requirements and if you are not able to comply, then ask for a waiver from the customer representative. I doubt if you are going to get one.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, difficult choice -but that's life! Is it the same customer for all/most control plans? Could you offer to do it based on the next revision, for example?

6. Englishman Abroad

Englishman Abroad Member

Lahib,

Is this a written Customer requirement like in a CSR, or Quality specification or Purchase Terms and conditions etc. Or is it just the Customer's Supplier Quality Engineer verbal request, also is he telling you to do it or is he suggesting you to do it.

If it is the first case (a written requirement in a customer specification) then in my opinion you will have to comply or request a deviation.

If it is the second case, you could ask what the benefit is of changing from your current system of human understandable titles, to coded titles. As it seems you will have to invest resource to perform the changes.

7. Pongsakorn

Pongsakorn Active Member

In my opinion, if the product is built for this customer specifically, I will comply to customer request since it will be easy for both customer and you to
    refer to the same product code. But if such product built for several customer, you have the reason to tell customer since the product code will not be the same for each customer. Hope that my answer is helpful.

8. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

If your customer specifies your way of working, is he then not responsible for the outcome?

Supplier quality engineers can get lazy and want you to conform to what they are used to seeing because then reviewing your stuff is easier on them. Suppliers need to FIGHT THIS. It is lazy.

As a supplier quality engineer, I communicate to you what I want through purchase orders, prints and CAD models, and statements of requirements - that's it.

How you GET there is up to you. I can suggest things, but that's it. It is YOUR plant and you need to run it how YOU want. The only caveats are:

1) If you change how you make my part, you have to let me know and get my input because it may have downstream effects. (And, my name is on the final product, not yours, so you need to tell me out of respect for that).
    2) IF you cannot give me product in spec, I may insist on aspects of a corrective action.

But barring these two (off the top of my head) I cannot tell you how to make the part. That's what I pay you for - to be the professional part maker.

Admittedly, it is sometimes easier to comply. But if you want to push back on your customer, an effective tactic is to push back by telling them that unless they are willing to be responsible for the quality changes that will occur by making your redo everything, you aren't changing it.

(Phrase it nicely).

Lahbib ALAOUA likes this.
  9. Lahbib ALAOUA

Lahbib ALAOUA Member

Thanks a lot. I have the same idea with you. i invited the quality supplier engineer and i presented all her specifications that i should have in my control plans. So i convited her that it's the same thing and finally she is convinced.

10. Lahbib ALAOUA

Lahbib ALAOUA Member

Shes didn't have the idea about the specifications that should have the control plan. Finally she was convinced i showed her all these comment hahah