1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

GM FMEA Requirement

Discussion in 'FMEA - Failure Modes and Effects Analysis' started by Larry Ricketts, May 4, 2016.

1. Larry Ricketts

Larry Ricketts Member

Has anyone yet encountered a requirement from GM on process FMEA's that require containment.

I have attached the GM Requirement below

BIQS -3

PFMEAs

All operations have been analyzed for risk using a PFMEA. PFMEA workshops must be done by cross functional teams, including manufacturing team member input. Risk Priority Number (RPN) values must be consistently applied using Severity, Occurrence and Detection ranking tables.

Failure modes are comprehended in the PFMEA (i.e. wrong parts, mixed parts, containment control, etc.).

Look for PFMEAs to be available for all operations within the plant. Confirm PFMEA workshops are done by cross functional teams, including mfg. team member input. Confirm RPN values are consistently applied using Severity, Occurrence and Detection ranking tables.

Confirm material handling failure modes are comprehended in the PFMEA (i.e. wrong parts, mixed parts, containment control, etc.)

The containment control is what I am struggling with. Does this require a containment action at each process of the FMEA? If that is the case the FMEA size would increase dramatically.

2. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

Note how the requirement is worded. It applies strictly to Material Handling failure modes. Containment control is one type of such failure modes. What you are being asked is to review your material handling process, to assess the risk that nonconforming product escapes containment into the general process.

Bev D likes this.