1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Management Review

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Gerald, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Gerald

Gerald Member

What is considered an acceptable frequency for Management Review Board meetings? We currently hold recorded meetings every week but Im beginning to feel its becoming monotonous among the members of the MRB...

2. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

There's a spectrum - some do it once a year in the 9001 format to be able to show that they did, others quarterly or monthly.

Weekly meetings occur, but unless they include all the requirements of the standard then they are a different animal.

What are the responsibilities of the board? I'm not sure I'm talking about what you're talking about...to me MRB is Material Review Board.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

What's the purpose of the management review? Are you doing it to meet an ISO requirement?

4. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Frequency meetings it depends on the company.
    I Work as a consultant, and when a management system is starting,we hold meetings every month,that way the follow up is effective and take actions to correct if the route is wrong.
    Once system is running well,we do it every three months.
    In fact it is possible to separate the topics ,some of them may be reviewed every six months,while others may be monthly (kpi, ca,status,audits,etc.

Regards

5. Andy Nichols

This more likely to be an "Implementation Project Review" rather than a "management review" of the QMS, since the QMS is still evolving.
    Now you're talking!

6. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

We do not call it management review. But we review our dashboard quarterly.

7. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

You can call it whatever you like. Once a year you can include the other items that is not taken up during the Management Review Board meetings. There are at least 7 agenda items required by the ISO standards. The Management Review Board takes up at least half of that agenda, quarterly. Now you can finish up the rest if you are the Quality Coordinator.

8. Andy Nichols

Permit me to make an observation!
    When anyone talks about time based activities, such as the frequency of management reviews, internal audits, calibrations and so on, the correct answer isn't to state "once", "twice", "thrice" or any other time period. Without understanding the actual purpose of these activities, the desired outcomes etc (not just agenda items, calibration activities and clauses covered) and how the management system is benefitted, it's futile stating any frequency for the activity...

9. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Although there is no requirement regarding its frequency, management reviews should be scheduled on intervals that best suit the company's situation. Many organizations convene periodical meetings even though they are not subscribing to ISO 9001. Such meetings are variously called as ManCom, ExeCom, Management Meeting, etc. Why do they do that? Because it's integral to their management and business. These meetings can be used as venue for "taking into consideration" the items specified in Clause 9.3.2. Hence, organizations don't need to have "management review meetings" distinct from their pre-ISO management meetings. I believe this is also the intention of Clause 5.1.1c where it says "ensuring the integration of the QMS requirements into the organization's business processes".

10. Chris Glover

Chris Glover Active Member

Our approach is..we have meetings through out the day, week, month, year. At those (already existing meetings) we review and discuss all the items that are important to the organization. Most of those align with the required inputs and outputs called out in the Standard. We "take credit" for those as Management Review. We have records showing what was reviewed, decided, assigned, and completed.
    We also hold, twice a year, a brief (less than an hour) meeting where we summarize the outputs of those meetings and discuss changes to the system.
    Our philosophy is...take credit for the work you do, don't create more just to meet a requirement.

11. Jamie Lill

Jamie Lill Member

I use the title Managment Review Agenda. Thats what it is
    Then I take the sections of the standard. example
    5.6.2 Review Inputs
    Then we take about internal ,external ect and document this.
    5.6.3 Review Outputs
    Fill all this in
    We have complied with the standard

12. Andy Nichols

True, but what did your management understand from doing this?

Chris Glover likes this.
  13. Jamie Lill

Jamie Lill Member

They got to know the standards in greater depth and a better understanding of what is required by the standards. This also helped them shape our quality policy of what is required by the standards.

14. V.BABU

V.BABU New Member

Standard has never mentioned the MRM frequency. You can mention in your Quality manual as you desire. I recommend if ur company well systemized. you can conduct once in year.According to the system implementation , Management Representative will decide. my point of view monthly review is better...