1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Sales Process template

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Manish Sawant, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Manish Sawant

Manish Sawant Member

Hello,

Can anyone please share templates or copy of their documented sales process if they have, based on ISO 9001 requirements.

2. Pancho

Pancho Active Member

Hello, Manish,

We diagram our sales process as follows. The blue labels are hyperlinks to text documents. The two character codes at the left of those labels are the type of document in the system.

DP means "Description of Process"
    IT means "work InsTruction"
    PG means "Procedure, General"
    RE means "Record"

Screenshot 2016-04-11 17.27.26.jpg

Hope it helps!

Pancho

MCW8888 likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Being in a sales function, I'd have to ask why you'd ask for someone else's template. I wouldn't want to sell the way I know my competition sells, because I know they aren't as effective! If I asked the same question and I got a template from one of my competitors to use as my sales process, my new clients would run away!

How do you know their sales process is any good? We don't all sell things the same way, so how will you know the template is accurate or effective? Why not ask your sales people what their process is?

4. Manish Sawant

Manish Sawant Member

Hey Pancho, Thank you very much.

Pancho likes this.
  5. Manish Sawant

Manish Sawant Member

Andy, thanks for your reply. May be I should've re-phrased my question. I was more curious to know how organizations have integrated ISO requirements in their sales process. Especially, what documents do they use to make their sales process more efficient and productive. I am trying to help improve our sales processes. So, I really wanted to know different methods of managing sales more effectively and getting some insight from experts like you would help me a lot. Thanks for your time again.

6. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

7. Manish Sawant

Manish Sawant Member

8. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

some people think that it is too much information for their small company - thus an overkill for small company.

What I usually tell people is to look at the complete picture and take what is applicable and useful to their needs. Hope this clarifies my "overkill" statement

9. Manish Sawant

Manish Sawant Member

That was spot on. I appreciate that. Thanks.

10. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I interviewed 6 different sales & marketing people and ask them to describe their process of selling to OEM customer. They have many different interpretations but only one common answer to how they determine that their process is effective and how they measure effectiveness and how they support the Business Plan of Corporate. Actually there is an SOP for contract negotiation, but accordingly, they do not have time to read it. Anyway, I classified my finding as an observation because there was not enough time to investigate who wrote the procedure for whom and whether or not the people I interviewed were even aware that this SOP exist. They were trained to follow a certain guideline for risk marketing, not the SOP which may not be applicable to them.