1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ASQ CRE experiences?

Discussion in 'Professional Certifications and Degrees' started by DavidD, Jan 27, 2016.

1. DavidD

DavidD Member

I signed up to take the ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer exam in March and I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it (good or bad). How did you find the material, questions, and dificulty, especially compared to other exams (CQE, SSBB, etc). Did you do anything special to prepare or find any specific resources particularly beneficial (Quality Council of Indiana primer, ASQ text)?

David

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone have an experience to share with DavidD?

3. Elisa_Rebeca

Elisa_Rebeca Member

David, I want do the exam but in my country we don`t have a place to do that... can you give some advice?

4. Jennifer Kirley

Elisa, my experience is that the ASQ exams are in-person, proctored events at locations that you can review here: http://asq.org/cert/control/certifications

5. DavidD

DavidD Member

As Jennifer says, the examsinternational
    person but they do run the exams in multiple countries. They provide a list of countries for which they offer the exam but if your country isn't on the list, I'd suggest giving them a call..

http://asq.org/cert/locations/international

David

6. DavidD

DavidD Member

I just wanted to relate my experience with the CRE, now that it's done. If I was a bit braver, I would have posted this a couple of weeks ago but I thought it would be better to wait for the results. That alone is probably a bit of an indicator that I was less confident leaving the exam than with other previous ones (CQE & SSBB).

Exam is similar format (multiple choice) to the others although with 150 questions in 4 hours, I found I really needed to push to complete it all. This is the exam with the lowest (reported) passing rate and I could see why. I felt it had more questions needing appreciable amounts of calculation and also that my (personal) lesser strength in the BOK led me to go and check/confirm more answers with my reference books, making my pace much slower.

That being said, I brought a stack of reference books, but only use two: the QUality Council of Indiana (QCI) binder and ASQ's CRE book. 90+% of the answers I needed I found in the QCI book, maybe 5-6 in the ASQ book. As with other times, I found the QCI book designed to pass the exam - I bought the ASQ book as something to actually read in preparation/study but never got arround to it.

Overall, the exam was tough but not undoable.

I'd be interested in the experiences of others.

David

7. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

So could we assume that you passed?

8. DavidD

DavidD Member

Oops, I guess I actually never said - yes I passed.

David

Candi1024 likes this.
  9. chandrashekhar1983

chandrashekhar1983 New Member

hi can you pls share the study material in particular QCI primer

10. Jennifer Kirley

Hello chandrashekhar1983, we do not share copyrighted materials here in QFO.

Atul Khandekar likes this.