1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001:2015 list of shalls

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by QMSmaster, Jan 26, 2016.

1. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

Has anyone made a list of ISO9001:2015 Shall statements they are willing to share? I searched but did not see anything.

2. MarkMeer

MarkMeer Well-Known Member

All the clauses are "shalls".

I don't see the value of such a list, when you can just go through the actual standard. If you really want a list of shalls, simply copy-and-paste everything from section 4 onwards, and trim out the NOTE(S) and Annexes.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    charanjit singh and Andy Nichols like this.
  3. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

I have used lists like this in the past to do a gap analysis summary. I have a copy of the standar, but they have it so well protected that I can not copy and paste text.

4. MarkMeer

MarkMeer Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that is strange. I've purchased PDF copies of standards from various outlets (ISO, ANSI, BSI), and I've never had trouble selecting text. Curious: who is "they" in "they have it so well protected..."?
    Alternately, you might try a conversion feature (e.g. PDF to Word), that is pretty common in most PDF readers now a days. (Adobe reader has one...).

Ultimately you see the problem though, right? COPYRIGHT.

The reason it's not easy to find a "list of shalls", is that it'd be tantamount to distributing the standard. ...and for the sake of keeping this forum alive-and-well, I doubt (and discourage) any members would be handing out such copies. Unfortunately, you may just have to make one yourself. ;)

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I was doing some research for a blog article and when using the search function in Adobe (.pdf), it blew right past a couple of entries of the very word I was seeking...

6. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

They is the evil empire.....ISO. (just kidding). You cannot print the new ISO 2015 standard. You can't copy text. Can't do word conversion either. Their Force powers seem to strengthening. . I understand it is copy righted and they want to ensure they sell as many copies of the $180 standard as possible.

For the 2008 standard, I downloaded probably a dozen versions of 'Shall" lists form The Cove. The standard probably has not been out long enough for anyone to take the time to do it.

7. Andy Nichols

Is your organization needing to comply with the 2015 requirements? You haven't purchased it?

8. Quality Renegade

Quality Renegade Member

9. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

I used a run of the mill PDF reader, and was able to search for the key words and phrases I wanted. Then I proceeded to mark some of those in colours of my choice, making it dead easy to find them. It worked like a charm for me, but that obviously depends on the software used as well as how the document itself was set up from the start. You may want to try another reader?

Tony Wardle and Jennifer Kirley like this.
  10. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

Thanks. That help. I think I found what I needed on another site. I will post it here after I make some modifications.

Crusader and Claes Gefvenberg like this.
  11. Tony Wardle

Tony Wardle Member

Indeed - I spent some time with a paper document doing this, then the penny dropped - use Adobe reader to search for the ''shalls''.

The value in this is really for gap analysis for me - have I dotted the i's and crossed the t's ....

Claes Gefvenberg likes this.
  12. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

FreeOCR will read a pdf document and save it to Word format. Then you can use a variety of Word options to perform your search. I have used it in this capacity many times.

13. PaulJSmith

PaulJSmith Well-Known Member

I've never had any issues with copy/paste, selecting text, searching, or even printing hard copies of either 2008 or 2015. We use Adobe Reader, and it works just fine. I keep a hard copy at my desk, and just printed one for another employee yesterday.

As for the "list of shalls," that really isn't as easy or even pertinent with this latest iteration. There really doesn't appear to be that clearly defined "6 Procedures and 21 Records" anymore. I suppose if you dug hard enough you could come up with something. I'm not sure how beneficial that would be, though.

14. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

Strange that you can print it. I will have to try again. I have printed., copied, etc with PDFs many times. I was not having any luck with 2015 standard and was getting messages saying the file was protected from printing.

15. Andy Nichols

It's called "copyright protection"...

16. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

of course