1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Gaining auditing experience

Discussion in 'ISO 19011 - Auditing Management Systems Guidelines' started by drgnrider, Jan 12, 2016.

1. drgnrider

drgnrider Member

[relocating from: www.qualityforumonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/study-further-in-qms.481/]

Suggestions on how to get the additional experience? I have heard about trading auditing services with other organizations, but we are pretty skimpy on "other certified organizations" in my area.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Some time ago, my local ASQ had a program where they'd match up an organization looking for audits, with auditors looking to gain experience. A key feature is having someone who can coach the "candidates" and sign off on some record (required by the auditor certification org). This is where it becomes somewhat sticky, as to be a "lead auditor", you need a team and multiple days of auditing. Finding someone who has that experience as a coach can be a huge roadblock...

Jennifer Kirley and MCW8888 like this.
  3. drgnrider

drgnrider Member

ASQ was one suggestion. But since I am almost at the boundaries of two chapters, (about 150-miles and 190-miles away), I was wondering if it is worth the expense or if either would be able to offer assistance this far out.

4. Andy Nichols

I guess it's always worth contacting the specific section leadership, to see if they have anything like that going on. It's not something I've seen "advertized" so to say, but who knows who else has been asking for something similar?

5. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

That would be a good idea. I have ask for volunteers from my pool of trained auditors to help audit the support processes in our Supply Chain. They were trained by an outside auditor. Instead of the turtle diagram which we were taught, we will try to use this "football" format which I have downloaded from Elsmar Cove a long time ago .

6. Andy Nichols

Please let me know how that works out - or if you have any questions, let me know. I created that and it has won some friends both in the CB auditors and with clients.

7. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I will definitely let you know. Stay tuned. Thank you.

8. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

9. drgnrider

drgnrider Member

I'll check, but not optimistic. One gal runs the show... ALL of it... including mandating taking of HER classes or not getting all the grants/services, doesn't matter your qualifications.