1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Documentation Structure layout in Sharepoint

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Padym, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Padym

Padym Active Member

Hi all,
    I'd like to check if anyone can share me some templates on the layout structure of documentation with navigation control menu intact.

2. Padym

Padym Active Member

Hello team, please share some

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You may well find that no-one has what you are looking for. To give a request and to expect and answer 24 hours later may not be practical in some instances. I'm sure if someone has what you are looking for, they will share - you may have to wait a while. In the meantime, do you have anything to share - what you are planning to do with your documents in Sharepoint?

4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried a Google search? I did one for Procedure Template and many examples were made available to me. It's almost impossible to provide you with a template without knowing what your document control system will be like. For example, will you import images of signatures to show approval or simply have a typed name? Some companies do sequential numbering, some do unique identifiers depending on the document owner, and some do no numbering at all. I've seen companies start a document with Revision 0, while others prefer Rev. 0 to mean it is the first draft of the document. Some include Definitions, others do not. Even the layers of numbering will vary - some go 1, 1.1, 1.1.1 while others only go to layers 1, 1.1. So, as you can see, while there are many generic templates available for your organization to use, you'll probably wish to customize it to meet the needs of your organization and the document users.

The same can be said of a navigation control menu. It depends on the tech-savvy nature of the users and what works best for them. I'd suggest you ask the users of the system to find out how they would like to navigate the system. Examples of navigation include, but are not limited to:
    • Document Type (eg. Procedure, Work Instruction, etc.) -> Department -> Process -> Numeric or Alphabetical Order
    • Department -> Process -> Document Type -> Numeric or Alphabetical order
    • Just a straight-forward numeric or alphabetical order

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I like this simple straightforward numbering system. There is a focal point that manages the share point with inputs from process owners. Our numbering system is quite different. We have Supply Chain/Processes/ policies/ SOP's.