1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

5.3 Communication of organisation roles, responsilbilities and authorities

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by ISO GURU, Nov 21, 2015.

1. ISO GURU

ISO GURU Member

Clause 5.3 states 'Top mgt. shall ensure that..... roles are assigned and communicated and understood within the organisation.

The traditional method here would be job descriptions and organisation charts. Not sure this will meet the new requirements for the need to communicate the roles within the organisation.

However I would like to develop a visual view of process responsibilities that could be displayed in a department to show that roles etc. are communicated clearly and simply.

Does anyone have an example of such a diagram that they are willing to share?

2. James

James Active Member

We have a monthly shop & safety meeting with documentation. We use that as a good opportunity to communicate things as well as to get feedback from everyone. We also use a temp hiring service and that is a part of our HR process which includes probation periods and reviews prior to bringing them on with use full time.

3. ISO GURU

ISO GURU Member

thanks for the feedback James. not quite what I meant.
    I googled roles and responsibilities and found a 6 -sigma tool that can do the trick a RICA matrix - does exactly what I want and would be an simple and effective way of meeting requirements of this clause while adding value to the process/business.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You might also want to look at the RASIC version.

Andrej and ISO GURU like this.
  5. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

Commonly used examples are: Organizational Charts, postings of responsibility matrix, SOP's, job description, electronic media, and job description.

6. Ganesh Sundaresan

Ganesh Sundaresan Active Member

Why is it a new requirement. Communication of responsibilities and authorities within the Organization is the requirement of 2008 version as well.

Safi99 likes this.