1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Design or not?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by bouchra, Apr 18, 2022.

1. bouchra

bouchra New Member

Hi
    Thank you for clarifying an ambiguity that I have
    According to the ISO 9001 standard, can an aluminum carpentry company that does the execution studies, i.e. it prepares the execution plans based on the architect's plans, be considered as a company that does the design (chap 8-3) or not

Best regards

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Typically, the architect is the designer. In that case, if your company make products to the architects drawings, you do not do design. However, if the architect is specifying a product (windows, doors, frames etc) from a catalogue (or website etc) and they are, indeed, designed and made by your company, you would include the design process in your QMS.

Which example do you follow?

RonR Quality Pro likes this.
  3. bouchra

bouchra New Member

thank you very much for your reply
    the aluminum carpentry company prepares the plans for cutting, assembly and installation according to the architect's plan, but the choice of equipment is made using software designed by the suppliers of this equipment. so it's not really design in my opinion but also there is a file that is preparing for production with all the execution plans (cutting, editing ..) and there I find myself lost!
    I like to read you, thank you in advance

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

This what some people call "process design" and that's NOT the same as "product design". ISO 9001 considers this under 8.1.

5. bouchra

bouchra New Member

yes exactly, in other words we are talking about the realization study and the design study
    now it's clear, thank you very much

Andy Nichols likes this.