1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

General Questions about ISO 9001:2015 (Start-up Project)

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Mauricio Rivas, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Mauricio Rivas

Mauricio Rivas New Member

Hello forum,

I need some advice from any expert in this topic and tell me in which enterprise you applied this certification.

1. Is ISO 9001 really useful?
    2. In general, what do you need, as a company, to be certified by ISO 9001?
    3. Would you recommend it to our start-up project? (Our project is to create an App which will provide logistics to Ghost Kitchens)
    4. What would you recommend for our start-up project?

Thanks in advance

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes
    Create and implement a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and contract with a Certification Body.
    No
    Be sure you develop and put in place, formal, documented processes for how you operate. Leave certification for later.

Mauricio Rivas likes this.
  3. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

The feedback provided by @Andy Nichols is spot on.

What's your motivation for getting certified? It doesn't sound like this would be something your customers would expect / require.

There are sound business practices in the standard that, with proper application, could benefit any company. Many companies focus on certification and lose sight of how to apply the standard to improve the business.

Mauricio Rivas likes this.
  4. Mauricio Rivas

This is part of a project that has to be developed in a class, just to get started with the quality management, therefore one of my tasks is to have an extra point of view about the ISO 9001, this is probably not the best project to apply on the certification but I have to find out how I would do it

5. Mauricio Rivas

Thank you very much, may I ask you where have you worked with ISO 9001?

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes, since 1987, I have implemented and audited every version of ISO 9001, in small and large businesses, in a wide variety of industries. I have been a CB Lead Auditor and a Manager of a Certification Body. I have also written 2 books and countless blog articles on ISO 9001 implementation.

CRISTIAN PELTEA likes this.