1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality Management System - Cloud based - small database for SMEor

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by cooky, Feb 3, 2021.

1. cooky

cooky New Member

Hi
    I hope you don't mind an IT Manager asking for advice on any QMS systems that you have in place, have used or can recommend. I work for a start up Medical Device company, currently we have 1 QA Manager running a manual system. We are expanding slowly but now require a QMS system either cloud based on internal on a Lan. I have experience with QPulse but that was when I was working for a large corporate company and money was no object.
    As we are a start up, we do not have a large budget, but need to get this up and running to have the workflow running like clockwork. I thought to ask here as you are the experts in this, compared to me. I am looking for a cheap and cheerful if there is one system for max 3 users that will give:
    • Audit Management
    • Equipment Management
    • Complaint Management
    • ISO Standards Management
    • Compliance Management
    • Maintenance Management
    • Risk Management
    • Supplier Quality Control
    • Training Management
    And not cost the earth.
    Thank you for letting me join this forum. Please tell me if I need to post it elsewhere.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I think what you are seeking, doesn't exist. I'd use something like Sharepoint as a SME and work out the QMS using that, rather than relying on some software. TBH, I've yet to find ANY package which does the whole list you've posted at all well. Most do things like document control and corrective action, OK, but after that, not so much.

cooky likes this.
  3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, @cooky .

Allow me to play the toddler here and ask you why...why change your current set-up? Is it necessary to convert into an electronic platform at this time? What value is gained by converting at this time? As a start-up, are there other activities that should be a priority?

4. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Agree with @Andy Nichols that you may not find something like that.

I have worked with some smaller companies that have tight budgets and a few of the systems are QT9 and QCBD. I've heard that Qualio and qmsWrapper may be other options in the lower cost group. Frustratingly, nobody seems to advertise their pricing. (Disclaimer: I have no arrangements with any of the systems listed, nor any other system for that matter.)

You'll likely have to invest some time in configuring the systems, of course. (I have experience configuring QT9 and QCBD and they're not too bad - and once done, I don't think there's much maintenance required, if any.)

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. cooky

cooky New Member

Hi - We are a start up that has been around for about 7 years - We are partnering with a company that wants us to implement a QM System - it is worth the set up for this partnership. . So thats the value for what we will gain from the other company - also the QMS has grown so much that the control of it has become a little lax with so many processes, revisions, for one person to keep up with. With a document management system , everything will be where it should be and should be easier to manage.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. Andy Nichols

This might indicate that the basics that were put in place may not be appropriate for the now and future. I've seen a lot of Quality Management Systems which were developed and struggle to be maintained because they were built on an out dated premise about ISO 9001. Perhaps a review of current practices would be in order first?

Jennifer Kirley and cooky like this.
  7. cooky

cooky New Member

Thanks Andy , that is something we can do in the meantime. Thanks for the useful tips. I am in contact with Qt9 software - looks promising and after the initial set up year 1 fee its well priced. We are talking to a couple of others. I will post when we have decided and update in case anyone requires the info. Thanks all

8. Mehrdad Soltanifar

Mehrdad Soltanifar Member

You probably cannot find one software that satisfies all of your requirements. So I suggest you get one that can be customised easily.

9. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I have clients that use QPulse, but as others here have pointed out you may actually find a packaged software bundle to be too confining, might be like a store bought shoe that does not fit properly.

10. Andy Nichols

I too, contacted Qt9 to see if I could get access to a version to evaluate. After a phone call with a sales person, who noticeably changed attitude when I explained I wasn't a buyer, but might be a referral source, I'm still waiting for a link to access the demo...

11. Andy Nichols

I'm finally using a fully loaded version of QT-9...;)