1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Operative plan for Quality assurance

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Rajan Gupta_07, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Rajan Gupta_07

Rajan Gupta_07 Member

Hi All,
    I am in the process of drafting an operative plan for my company.
    Would urge the members of this group to suggest some point which could be added in operative keeping in mind ISO/QMS.

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

We could use some additional information @Rajan Gupta_07 . What do you mean by "operative plan"? Can you describe/give an example ?

Are you speaking about a "Control Plan" (specific to automotive) ?

Andy Nichols likes this.
  3. Rajan Gupta_07

Rajan Gupta_07 Member

Here is m trying to say the operation plan for QA, the set of activities QA can perform during the year....

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @Rajan Gupta_07 ;
    Apologies, but I'm still not sure exactly what you mean. Since you mentioned 'QA....can perform during the year", then I am guessing your QA team is tasked with coming up with goals/projects for the year.

1- I would council never to take on a project for the sake of ISO and/or an auditor.
    2- Hopefully any activities "QA can perform", includes ownership and commitment from other departments and leadership. A project that is only 'QA" owned and
    driven is destined to fail...not sustain.
    3- Determine and base any activities on DATA. What is your organization's data telling you? Use a Pareto or other data tool to determine areas of greatest concern
    and then make determinations based on that.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

This is going to depend on a lot of factors. Typically QA = "Quality Assurance". The "assurance" part is usually carried out to emulate the activities of a customer if they were either visiting or had someone resident in your facilities. The QA function looks at what is important to the customer to assure - give confidence - that what they buy is what they will get. If that is what you understand, then your plan will be based on checking at critical points what you are doing for the customer. This might include audits at the point of delivery, analyzing customer feedback to see what the customer is telling you about their experience and using that to check the various processes.

If you have great customer satisfaction, with no observable need to improve their confidence (unlikely, but still possible) the next level of "assurance" is with your stakeholders or owners of the organization. QA should be checking - independently - the product and processes but internally, to confirm all's working as planned.

John C. Abnet likes this.
  6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I would assume that you are looking for approaches to satisfy the requirements in clause 8.1. If that's the case, then there is no requirement that you have to establish activities that QA will perform in a year. The standard says "The output of this planning shall be suitable for the organization’s operations", so different organizations will have different approaches to satisfy this requirement. Construction companies have their project execution plan. Schools and universities have their curriculum. Hospitals employ their clinical pathways. For a manufacturing organization, the most preferred approach is to establish a control plan like what John mentioned above.