1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Customer bought out. PPAP updates?

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Ron Tripp, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Ron Tripp

Ron Tripp New Member

One of our customers has purchased one of our other customers. They have asked us to add a letter "C" prefix to the old customer's part numbers, so we are currently in the process of updating our internal documents to reflect the customer name change and and new part numbers.

If the customer does not specifically request us to, are we required anywhere in the 16949 standard to update all of the PPAPs and re-submit them? I didn't really see anything, but I'm wondering if our auditor will hassle us about the customer name and part numbers on the PPAPs not matching the rest of our internal docs for these parts.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

If not customer required, then no. If the auditor hassles you - show them the door...

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

No. I could see nothing less value added.

4. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Assuming you have only a few PPAP's (10 or less), you might take 15 minutes to jot a note saying that Customer X was purchased by Company Y, print 10 copies, and shove one each in the PPAP folders for those parts.
    That at least can close the gap between (The PO is from Ford, but the PPAP says Toyota...what gives?)
    Beyond that, I also would only do it if customer requested....and even then it is a Find/replace on the docs.