1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

how to get interesting/ understanding of ISO among the staff?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Nadiah H, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Nadiah H

Nadiah H Member

Hi all,

i'm new here and i seeking some advice/ idea how to get staff 'having fun' with ISO requirement. Here some of activity we do;
    1. After any training or awareness related to ISO, i will pass word search (ISO) to be completed and rewards with some snack or goodies.
    2. Advertising thru tv (controlled by IT and corporate communication division) info of ISO around the office.
    3. During staff induction (new hire), some briefing about ISO at our company.

Next plan;
    1. Email content ISO information to all staff, but i stuck to figure out 'fun' content.

* any suggestion?:D
    TQ;)

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day Nadia and welcome to the site.
    First, allow me to applaud your efforts and consideration to make this process "fun" for your teams. I would caution, however, that some busy professionals might already feel the "ISO process" is not worth the time and effort, and "over-funning" could possibly turn them off even more.

Obviously we have little information regarding your organization and the current environment, however, I believe what you are REALLY trying to do is get cooperation, ownership, and buy-in of the Quality Management System. In my experience, I have found that the best way to do this is to show the teams how the management system can help THEM (and the overall organization). We (people) are selfish by nature. Instead of directing activities AT the teams, consider asking "them", what their biggest concern, burden, "thorn in the side" is. Once you know that, use the QMS to help them with that problem. Once the teams see they can properly exploit the QMS to help solve real problems that they/the organization have, then they will become engaged.

Hope this helps.
    Be well.

Nadiah H likes this.
  3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

80%+ of ISO 9001 is common sense. IMO, don't get bogged down in the ISO language. You can't implement a good ISO quality system without even mentioning "ISO." Like John said, use it as a way to solve their problems. Good luck.

Nadiah H likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

No-one in the rank and file needs to know anything about ISO. Only management, process owners. They need to know what affects them. Others? ISO = "In Search Of":D

Nadiah H likes this.
  5. Nadiah H

Nadiah H Member

TQ, at least this is my effort to get everyone involved in their own process and objective. I will try group discussion with them and see what can provide later. As a HQ, we need to handle all subsidiaries ISO. We controlled their documents process, so the others linked department (process involved) will not get confused if the documents keep changing in no time.

Our team handle ISO subsidiaries such as Q-ESH (construction), QMS (car park, transmission technology, environmental services). Soon for property but not sure if they want Q-ESH or QMS.

TQ for your opinion.